Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to find shows

Hi Everybody,

I hope you are all having a good year so far.

I am new to the forum, but not to the craft scene. I have been working at outdoor shows and in shopping centres for the past 10ish years.

I am sick of the rising prices of the shows and centres and am desperately trying to find small local shows to work at. Anything from 1 to 14 days at a time. My only criteria is that I need electricity.

The main part of my business is now based on personalised (embroidered) childrens products, (although adults like my towels too)! If space allows I also sell jewellery, dragons, fairies, pewter badges and stuff!

Can anybody suggest anything local to me ie. within about 60 miles of Croydon?

Thankyou.

hi

hello and . Sorry but can't help with the fairs but I should think you'll get an answer shortly. Maybe have a look at the UK fairs elsewhere on the forum.
    My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

Hi and welcome Shazlette,
      There's a few shows/fairs listed on my site for London, Surrey & W.Sussex - my geography's not that great but I think they're within the distance you said. I'll pm you the details.
      Gail.
      http://www.stallfinder.com
      Twitter http://www.twitter.com/stallfinder

Comment

Hi Gail,

Thankyou. Will take look.

Shaz

Comment

Hello & from me too !
          Mel

Comment

Music Festival in Hastings East Sussex

Hi

We are running a charity muisc festival on Sunday 22 June and are inviting a few craft stalls to set up. We still have a little space. Please google Emma Lucas Trust and see whether you might be interested.

Thanks

Jeremy Lucas

Comment

Croydon Crafters

Hi

If you are still looking for shows there is a Christmas Market at the Fairfield Halls in December. If you are interested I can send you the details

Crofter

Comment

Working out pricing, Any ideas?

Hi everyone
                I'm Angie and I have enjoyed knitting, crochet and the odd bit of cross stitch for years.

I currently belong to a group of friends (known as Foolish Friends) who are all keen on traditional crafts, music, song and dance (and in promoting the same wherever possible). We all enjoy different craft interests.

What we do find really confusing, now we are trying to market our goods is pricing. On visiting Craft Fairs there does seem to be a big difference in pricing for similar items. We would be interested in knowing how people price hand made items, or how they estimate prices. We are only just starting to think about having a stall at a craft fair (we are actually organising one on 22 November, at Lostock Hall High School, Lostock Hall, near Preston)

Would appreciate anyone's input, and this seems a wonderfully friendly site.

Many thanks
                Angie

Comment

Dr Stu is running the "Misty Moon" fair in SE London in November - there's a thread in the Craft Fairs UK section, or PM me if you can't find it!
                  Cheers,
                  Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                  Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

New Outlets

HELLO SHAZLETTE - HAVE A LOOK AT LA-DE-DE-EVENTS WHICH IS NOW LOCATED AT LITTLE OAK BONSAI IN SIDDLESHAM, WHICH IS QUITE NEAR TO CHICHESTER, WEST SUSSEX. THEY ARE HAVING A FUN DAY ON SATURDAY 4TH OCTOBER AND HAVE STALLS STILL AVAILABLE, NOT ONLY THAT BUT WILL BE HAVING REGULAR OUTLET SPACES FOR RENT QUITE SOON, (A BIT LIKE ABBEY MILLS USED TO BE IN MERTON) ALL INDOOR, AND VERY REASONABLE. GIVE JAYNE A RING FOR INFO 01243 641302. GOOD LUCK - BE NICE TO HAVE YOU EXHIBITING ON SAT.

quote=shazlette;90282]Hi Everybody,

I hope you are all having a good year so far.

I am new to the forum, but not to the craft scene. I have been working at outdoor shows and in shopping centres for the past 10ish years.

I am sick of the rising prices of the shows and centres and am desperately trying to find small local shows to work at. Anything from 1 to 14 days at a time. My only criteria is that I need electricity.

The main part of my business is now based on personalised (embroidered) childrens products, (although adults like my towels too)! If space allows I also sell jewellery, dragons, fairies, pewter badges and stuff!

Can anybody suggest anything local to me ie. within about 60 miles of Croydon?

Thankyou.[/quote]

Comment

Working...
                    X