Hi everyone ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone ...

New to the forum but not new to making stuff, either to sell or as a hobby.

Main areas of interest are: dye sublimation, contour cutting, HTV, etc but I love experimenting and pushing my equipment to the limit.

Hope I may be of use to others and als seek inspiration from your good selves.

Hi, I am also new here. Nice to meet you.

Comment

i am also new and have joined this forum with the same thought that i will add some value in others' life.

Comment

hello I am also new here and love to do different crafts I also started my YouTube channel but not going so well and finally I am here to meet new friends having same hobbies

Comment

Hi, I'm absolutely new here..I'm obsessed with DIY craft and have got my own store...
          I'd share 3-4 articles about DIY tutorials step by step every month...If something that I can help with here, I'd love to share what I know!
          You can check the articles I wrote before. Hope it would give you help!
          Last edited by 3dDave; 09-07-2021, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Hi, as informative as your “articles” are, the link also has lots of things that you sell, hence its is seen as an advertisement or of things to sell or an invitation to buy which we do not allow. If you want to tell members how to do things resin related, that is fine but any links or mention of items for sale on the page or site will be deleted as per forum rules, we do not allow them at all.
            I have removed the highlight from your link.
            Many Thanks.

Forum moderator.

Comment

Hi,

I am also new here.

My main areas of interest though are: Beaded Necklace making, Earring making and Sandal making etc.

Hope I will also be of use to others and seek inspiration from your good selves.

Comment

Originally posted by webtrekker View Post
                New to the forum but not new to making stuff, either to sell or as a hobby.

Main areas of interest are: dye sublimation, contour cutting, HTV, etc but I love experimenting and pushing my equipment to the limit.

Hope I may be of use to others and als seek inspiration from your good selves.
                Hey, Welcome. I currently cut Acrylic shapes for crafters to sublimate / vinyl. But was thinking also of getting myself a second hand heat press / printer to dabble in it. Any advice on what to look out for, or what to avoid would be great!
                Kim x
                Website
                Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Central Scotland Customs View Post

Hey, Welcome. I currently cut Acrylic shapes for crafters to sublimate / vinyl. But was thinking also of getting myself a second hand heat press / printer to dabble in it. Any advice on what to look out for, or what to avoid would be great!
                  Hi Kim.

Personally, I'd go for a swing-away heat press as opposed to a clamshell, the reason being that the platens of a swing-away are always parallel to one another, plus you can usually get a decent height set for thick items. A good, known brand second-hand press is usually a better option than a new, unbranded press, but quality varies greatly and it's often a case of pot luck I'm afraid.

As for a sublimation printer; I have 2 Ricoh SG3110DN printers which have been excellent. I use compatible sublimation ink in them from City Ink Express. Very cheap and superb quality. (Sold in 100ml bottles and I use refillable carts in my printers).

The only other printers I would recommend are Epsons. Most Epson printers can use sublimation ink as, like the Ricoh's, they have piezo-electric print heads which are necessary to handle this type of ink. Try to stay away from Sawgrass printers and inks. They are good but hideously overpriced and overrated.

Lastly, to get the best colours from your prints you'll probably need to install an ICC profile on your computer (available for free from your ink supplier) and print from graphics software that can handle an ICC (Photoshop, Illustrator, CorelDraw, Affinity, Gimp, Inkscape, to name the most popular).

Let me know if you get started and need any more help.

[BTW, out of interest you may like to have a look at this thread https://www.craftsforum.co.uk/forum/...509-marble-run where I have uploaded pics of a hot wire acrylic bending machine I made at home. Although, with a laser machine you can no doubt do your own bends when needed.]

Last edited by webtrekker; Yesterday, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X