Hello fellow crafters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello fellow crafters

Hello, my name is Clare, I am from Leeds and i have been crafting for as long as i can remember.
    I have tried multiple different crafts in the past, and I am particularly fond of papercrafting. I have made cards for years but wanted to have a go at something different. I recently got into book folding and I am absolutely hooked. It is the one craft that I can do and not feel stressed over, even when things go wrong. I have also recently taken up soap making, which I love to do, but have to limit myself as there is only so much soap one person can use!

I hope to get to know many people here and join in with as much as I can.

Clare x

Hello Clare, welcome to the forum. We're not the busiest of forums, but the few of us who are regular posters are very friendly and happy to answer any questions if we think we can help or advise. We love to see what people are making and to know about their crafting at whatever level.

I'm not too far away from you as I live on the south bank of the Humber, near the Bridge. I make preserves (chutneys, jams etc) for sale at local events when they are allowed to take place, and when I'm not cooking I dabble in many thread and yarn crafts; earlier this year I started to learn table top book making and binding.

A few of us post most days on a thread in the Non crafts related part of the forum, just for a bit of a natter, moan if necessary and check that all are OK. You are very welcome to join us as and when it suits you.

Linda

Comment

hi, Craftdancer2, Thank you for your welcome. Wow, small world, I am actually from a a lot closer to you, I was born and raised in Hull, only moving to Leeds 4 years ago. The book making and binding sound right up my street, I would love to see some of your work.
      Thank you for your recommendation, I will stop buy the non-craft area and say hello.
      Stay Safe
      Clare

Comment

Hi Clare, Welcome to the forum. Probably more paper crafters of one sort or another than anything else on here. I’m a paper cutting artist. I also used to produce 3d decoupaged paper images.

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarebedo View Post
          hi, Craftdancer2, Thank you for your welcome. Wow, small world, I am actually from a a lot closer to you, I was born and raised in Hull, only moving to Leeds 4 years ago. The book making and binding sound right up my street, I would love to see some of your work.
          Thank you for your recommendation, I will stop buy the non-craft area and say hello.
          Stay Safe
          Clare
          Hi Clare, I don't have a lot of luck with posting pictures on this site (I seem to have managed it for now), and I believe we are very limited for space for pictures so I keep an album on my facebook page. If you are on facebook and care to message me your user name I'll make contact and give you access to the album so you can see what I've been doing.

These are the first two books I made from the beginner's starter kit I started off with (treated myself as a birthday present back in spring )

Linda

Comment

Working...
          X