Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi, I'm new here, but not new to making craft products. I use lasers, printers and produce leather shapes. I am interested in learning about other aspects of crafting and meeting others with similar interests. I make craft products full time for my living. ( Dont worry Im not here to sell stuff, just learn and contribute when I can. Based in the North West.

Hello, welcome to the Forum. We're not particularly busy post-wise, but there is a very small core of regular posters and some very high quality crafters here. I'm not sure if we've got anyone particularly involved with leather work, but most crafters have a wide range of skills and knowledge and are more than happy to share and learn from others.

I tend to work mostly with fabric and yarn, and have recently started on "kitchen table" bookbinding. I also make home made preserves for sale when local events are happening.

I'm based in the Humber Bridge area.

Linda

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I am introducing some fabric items in the new year after I have gotten xmas out of the way. Looking for a seamstress too in the new year but unfortunately I'm 30 miles away from the traditional Lancashire textile centres, so finding good ones may prove difficult. if it was too easy they would all be doing it though

Comment

Hi, welcome to the group. I’m a paper cutting artist, we’ve got a good variation but no laser cutters that I can remember and we do get posts asking about it’s suitability etc now and again.
        We aren’t the busiest group of late but the regulars are a very knowledgable lot in their respective fields.
        I’m in Shropshire.

Dave.

Comment

Hello Dave, Lasers are an excellent tool for intricate paper cutting. Its not my thing though.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum

Comment

Originally posted by craftfrog View Post
              Hello Dave, Lasers are an excellent tool for intricate paper cutting. Its not my thing though.

Yeah, it’s something you tend to fall into via another craft as opposed to deciding to take up.
              Someone in a group I’m in used to cut street maps with a laser cutter, each layer spaced a few mm from the previous one, he made a small fortune from them.

Dave.

Comment

Hello and welcome,

I am a paper crafter, card maker and I crochet, embroider and many more. I use a die cutting machine and just recently bought a scan n cut to cut more paper

Concentrating on cards these days.

Apparently it is possible to cut leather on both these machines but I haven't tried it. All my leather work is limited to repairs, making tool rolls for motorbikes, motorbike seats ( usually in vinyl/faux leather) and other small leather articles.

I am in Hampshire.

Shelley

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
                  Hello and welcome,

I am a paper crafter, card maker and I crochet, embroider and many more. I use a die cutting machine and just recently bought a scan n cut to cut more paper

Concentrating on cards these days.

Apparently it is possible to cut leather on both these machines but I haven't tried it. All my leather work is limited to repairs, making tool rolls for motorbikes, motorbike seats ( usually in vinyl/faux leather) and other small leather articles.

I am in Hampshire.

Shelley
                  Hi Shelley, I dont cut leather with my lasers I use a clicker press and bespoke dies. The lasers are too slow and messy for what I want, plus I concentrate on volume of a small range of design shapes, which helps the numbers work. I print card stock (300gsm+) with my oki laser printer, its a great tool for the job. I dont make greeting cards (which I should) I make message inserts for my packaging on certain products I sell (oh and print invoices with it lol).

Comment

Working...
                  X