Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joined today - yay

Hi all,

I am Aimee, 30, uk - west midlands. I joined as I would love to see what you all do with a cricut, I purchased one after ESTY stickers costing me a fortune and a lot were not good quality at all - It was cheaper to get set up with a laptop and a circuit and paper! I intend to do all sorts with it - bunting for baby showers, personalised gift with vinyl, die cuts for scrap booking and my 1st love which is planning. I use a hobonichi and want to make my own stickers for this - just need to get the sizing etc correct, seems like will be trial and error but once I have the template ill be good to go. I also have an A5 personal Filofax. If anyone would like to share ideas and chat about any of the things mentioned, let me know.

Any top tips for cricut let me know - its supposed to be arriving today.

Kind regards, Aimee

Hi Aimee, welcome to the group. I cut everything by hand, I’m a paper cutting artist but I think a few of our regular posters machine cut so they can advise more.

Dave.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply, I would love to see some of your work. =)

Comment

Hi Aimee, welcome to the Forum. It sounds like you have lots of ideas and are raring to get going. I think Shelley may be the lady to help with die cuts and cutting machines, but she doesn't generally get here until later in the day.

There are a few regulars who post most days on what we like to call "the coffee morning thread" with general chit chat and we always welcome anyone who would like to join us, whether regularly or occasionally. Here is a link to today's thread: https://www.craftsforum.co.uk/forum/...0-tuesday-28th

I've just given away the bulk of my paper, card and associated bits to the local primary school as I have little interest and have gone back to my original love of fabric and thread crafts. I also make preserves from local grown and foraged fruit and veg when it is in season.

Linda

Comment

Thank you for your reply Linda, I will have a look on the coffee morning thread.

I would love to be able to do textiles, but sewing machine scares me. I have brought some lovely textiles off etsy, a gorgeous note book cover and planner covers.

Aimee

Comment

Hello Aimee,

How exciting for you, did it arrive?

I am afraid I know nothing really about the cricut or similar electronic cutting machines. I am a die cutter with an A4 Gemini and more dies then I would care to count.

I am a card maker but love 3D projects too, paper piecing, and other techniques keep me occupied. When I fancy a change I enjoy a bit of crochet, embroidery, needlepoint and sewing. I will try my hand at most things but I won't knit

I had to look up Hobonichi, discovered it was 2020 version of a diary/filofax and a journal. I have a sketchbook I use for my ideas, left over from my art collage days. I recently found a sketchbook type of app for my tablet so have played around with it but nothing like paper. I have been thinking about putting a ReMarkable on my birthday/xmas list.

https://remarkable.com/?gclid=CjwKCA...RoCNXMQAvD_BwE

Do pop into the coffee morning or afternoon or evening see what we all get up to everyday, share your plans and ideas and help.

Shelley

Comment

Welcome to the forum Aimee, cannot help with a cricut as never used one.

Comment

Hi, I am Adela Zahir. I am a 25-year-old IT professional from Dubai, UAE. I am also new here

Comment

Working...
                X