• Show
Clear All

• ladyrat
    replied
    Hiya and

Leave a comment:

• naomi126
    replied
    sewings becoming a fogotten art, pass it on!!!

Leave a comment:

• Spirit_of_wales
    replied
    Hi and welcome from me too. You do sound very very busy. I also enjoy learning new skills. The members here are Fab. If you ever have any difficulties there's always someone keen to help . Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Best Wishes,
    Tx

Leave a comment:

• craftcrazy
    replied
    hello and to the forum. you do sound like a very busy person, i do alsorts of crafts e.g. card making, scrapbooking, silk painting, glass painting, knitting, crochetting, latch hook rug, copper foil, candle making, painting by numbers, cross stitch, embroidery, tapestry and a few more, ive got a blog if you want to look at some pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Beckerton
    replied
    Sex Change

Hi Lorry,
    Not unless Skye is a suburb of Brisbane and you have changed sex in the last 30 years without telling me!

I..x

Leave a comment:

• lorry
    replied
    LOL!!!! Yes, there was an extortionate Skye bridge toll for about 11 years. When we moved here it was £4.70 each way for a car and about £45 for a lorry - no wonder delivery companies charged so much to bring things over here. Anyway after a lot of protests by locals, some were fined and/or even went to prison for refusing to pay the charge (they used to drive "tandem" behind another vehicle to get away with it), the charge was suddenly deemed illegal and was removed on New Years Eve 3 years ago! Hooray!!!! Mind you, some companies still want to charge extra for delivery here, even for normal mail, which is a complete con!

Rant over!

Hey, I've got a brother called Ian who lives in Stevenage - is that you, bruv?

lorry x

Leave a comment:

• Ian Beckerton
    replied
    Skye

I know Skye, it’s not like Stevenage!

The last time I was there I hade to use the ferry for the 200yd dash , they were building the bridge at the time and then made a complete mess of the whole thing by an excessive charge. Admittedly most of the people I saw on my crossing were Americans, all warring their cardboard labels just in case they were separated: or at least that’s what I assumed?
    Lovely part of the world, I will get back there one day.

Regards,

I..

Leave a comment:

• craftyjan
    replied
    ive been to the isle of skye in my caravanning days and it is very beautiful you are very lucky cant wait to see your pictures

Leave a comment:

• lorry
    replied
    Thanks everybody for your warm welcome.

Ian, I moved here 4 years ago from Hitchin, so I know your home turf very well!

Janice, you're right in saying Skye is a beautiful part of the country. I run a small B&B here as well as my crafting, and our guests often tell us how lucky we are to live here, and they are absolutely right. When I reach the magic "25 posts" you'll maybe see how the scenery has a big influence on my crafting style.

lorry

Leave a comment:

• sherrielinda
    replied
    welcome

Hi there & from me.

Leave a comment:

• Bowed Over
    replied
    Hello and welcome to the forum from me too. You certainly are a busy person you will find plenty of info here.

Cheers.

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Funkyhand
    replied
    Hello and to the forum from me too! I'm a card maker, paper designer, and you are right there is something for everyone here so you will fit in great! Enjoy your time here.
    Anice xx

Leave a comment:

• Ian Beckerton
    replied
    Hi

Hi Lorry ,

I’m not crafty, I just take photographs for people like Harrods, Harvey Nik’s, Lloyd’s, Lola Rose, Dower & Hall, John Lewis, ect, ect.
    I give my knowledge, for what it is worth, freely. I try to improve the images that my fellow crafters have taken by encouraging them to learn a bit about photography and the camera they are using.
    Please feel free to ask a question whenever you have a problem. Oh and by the way, welcome.

Regards,
    I..

Leave a comment:

• bynicki
    replied
    . You sound like a very busy person!!!. You'll have a great time on here. x

Leave a comment:

• ezzyam
    replied
    Hello and a big welcome from me too.

You share the same name as my aunt!

Leave a comment: