Communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communication

Online communication is very different from face to face contact. What you say online can often be interpreted as saying something completely different than your intention.
    Please reread what you write and see if it can be taken the wrong way before you post it.
    What you write is a reflection of your self or your business and so make sure it's presentable.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Just bumping this

Comment

LOL, smilies etc can go a long way to make sure people know that what you say is in jest. I agree though that what we say online can so easily be misinterpreted. I have quite a sarcastic sense of humour, online it would come out as being rude and offensive so (believe it or not) I often bite my tongue and say nowt. Whilst I am all for sharing and giving constructive criticism I do feel that we need to do it in a way that can be seen as 'helpful' and not just nit picking.

Pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

In short, everyone should "play nicely!"

Comment

Good to see this post. I have been away from the forum for some time and have been taken aback a little by some of the comments I have seen in a couple of threads.
          Pat Murphy

http://www.gladturnings.co.uk
          https://www.facebook.com/GladTurnings.Woodturning

Comment

Great thread! I have also found that is it often the mood of the person reading the post that affects what they 'read'. Some people are ready to jump to conclusions without reading what has actually been written.

beadsbydesign - I was dying to say that - LOL

Comment

To quote Thumper's Mother

"If you can't say anything nice - don't say anything at all"

Jane
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
              FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post

Jane
                ... and my mother too!

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post

Jane
                  And mine LOL Mo.XX
                  Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                  Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                  www.bodrighy.co.uk
                  https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

I agree with what this thread is all about but have also found that you spend time giving advice as a lot of us being in the business for so long do, only for our advice to be squashed or ignored because it is not what they want to hear. This is very annoying when we have taken the time to write a reply, given our knowledge free of charge for it to be thrown back in our faces. My feeling is then why did you ask if you already knew the answer you wanted to hear.

So think it is not just those that offer the help it is also those requesting the help. Perhaps if they do not agree they should also keep quiet and just read the comments adding a few more questions if needed. Respect is a two way street a bit like the kids now a days who want respect failing to realise that respect has to be earned and you have to show respect to your elders and those with the knowledge to gain respect back.

If you started a new job in a company you cannot go in a say how you would run it until you know what you are doing and have been trained.

I think this forum is a fantastic place for information for both newbies and experienced alike but have found so much lately that the newbies ask but often don't want the advice given, that is fine but please respect the advice given ignore but do not critiscise. If something has been misunderstood explain what you really meant.

Comment

Bumping this thread. Please read it.

Comment

I am not native English speaker, so, might be my sentences sound awkward. My point is, if you find someone is rude, check if he/she comes from different environment or different culture.
                        http://nest2rest.blogspot.com/

Comment

We are aware that some of our members do not have English as their first language and try very hard to make allowances for this sort of thing.
                          Carol
                          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                          X