What, exactly, are 'reps'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What, exactly, are 'reps'?

Hi there, please can someone tell this newbie what 'reps' are and why I've got 1?
    I asked this question on my 'introducing myself' thread, but I don't think anyone has read it
    Thank you

PS I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question? Sorry if it isn't.

If someone finds your post useful or funny or they comment on your work they click on the scales top right of your thread and post a comment and you get rep points, if someone gives you a negative comment points are taken away.

If you click on user cp top right on the blue bar you can see who gave you rep points and what they said.
    I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

Or you can use the 'search' button, which will take you to this..............
      http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...highlight=reps

Comment

I tried to give you both 'rep', then refreshed the page and it worked so I think I've definitely got the idea now, thanks

PS Peter, thanks for the link, I always seem to end up going off on a tangent, link to here, link to there...so much info on here

Comment

Originally posted by Alice21 View Post

If you click on user cp top right on the blue bar you can see who gave you rep points and what they said.

Is that the right or the left Alice? Clive
          Learning together for profit or pleasure
          I could be unhappy with my life but someone keeps sending me spring

Blog https://classicalgenesis.wordpress.com

Comment

user cp is on the blue bar on the left

Jane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I know where it is

Sorry Jane, I do know where it is, I was just making a little joke, didn't mean to wind anyone up...........Clive

Comment

You're right Clive it is on the left or as I call it my 'other' right
                I started off with nothing and I've still got most if left.

www.folksy.com/shops/fluffysstuff

Comment

I just find it really funny when someond does this...........LOL..........Clive

Comment

I was wondering what reps are - and now I know
                    Karen
                    my blog
                    Just K Jewellery
                    Just K Beads
                    Just K Jewellery on MISI

Comment

I just took a peek at your album Clive, wow! I love the 4 poster bed, amazing!
                      Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

I think I looked everywhere on the CP, but I still can't see the section for viewing rep points (and who gave them). Help please?
                        ContinuumDesigns- artisan polymer clay beads for one-of-a-kind designs.

The FHFTeam - featuring glass, jewellery and art handmade in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazer View Post
                          I think I looked everywhere on the CP, but I still can't see the section for viewing rep points (and who gave them). Help please?

Just click on User CP and you will see in the middle of the screen to the right a big section that says who has reped you and what they have said. If you can't see anything you haven't been reped yet.
                          Bowed Over
                          Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

If you click on 'user CP' on left of blue bar at top of screen then scroll down a bit on the page that opens you will see comments people have written. You can click on the thread title in table to then have a proper look. HTH [IMG]http://*****************/xmas-smiley-4601.gif[/IMG]
                            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Ah, thanks everyone, I thought I'd been repped before, but I hadn't, hence me not being able to see anything! But now I see it, thanks to Indri

Edit: and thanks to candles by lisa and greannancrafts too
                              Last edited by Hazer; 01-12-2009, 03:35 PM. Reason: more thanks
                              ContinuumDesigns- artisan polymer clay beads for one-of-a-kind designs.

The FHFTeam - featuring glass, jewellery and art handmade in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                              X