Forum Ettiquette and such

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Ettiquette and such

I'm fairly new and tend to just jump into stuff without reading all the T's & C's...but I'm pretty bright so I use my common sense. I have a couple of questions though...

In general I think people on here are lovely - friendly and helpful and appreciative of one another...but how do we deal with rudeness or what can only be described as 'bullying' (i.e when a poster seems to follow someone from thread to thread trying to make them look stupid)?

The other question is about spamming - I've noticed someone who posts multiple threads about items for sale - are they allowed to do this?

Would be interested in any comments or thoughts.

And thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome

for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
    plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
    Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

In answer to both your questions we have some pretty hot mods on this forum! Most of the spam and abusive stuff you don't even get to see - we get there first. If you have a problem with a post then click on the 'report post' button - the warning triangle on the top right of the posting box. Sometimes it's an idea to scroll down on the main page to see who's online, if you see names in green they're mods. Although you 'don't do' forum rules it may be a good idea to have a look at ours, we didn't have any for ages but were forced into it by 'outside pressures'! They are geared up to help you enjoy your forum with the minimum of disruption.......................and they are fairly strictly enforced for the same reason! Hope this answers your question, you can always pm a mod if you need to know anything 'private' that you don't want to mention on the forum - we've got reasonably good at mediation as well!
    peter

Comment

If you do something wrong, you find out very quickly, which is good. They tend to be a fairly phlegmatic bunch, but the thing to remember is imagine the people that you ARE talking too on the forum, and not the people you talk to at work etc, or you may cause offence ( I know). As for the sparring and bullying etc, I haven't encountered any, although that may be more down to my insensitivity. It is fun and it is possible to have a debate without overstepping the mark
      www.glowbiles.com. Real Glow-In-The-Dark decorations

Comment

Originally posted by Bath-Bomb.Com View Post
        what can only be described as 'bullying' (i.e when a poster seems to follow someone from thread to thread trying to make them look stupid)?
        I'm really glad you're enjoying the forum but sorry to hear that you feel someone's trying to make you look stupid. Personally, I think those tactics say more about the person doing the posting, rather than the intended 'victim' , so, they make themselves look stupid, rather than you

Love the face job Peter
        Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Have you found a problem with the site? By the time it gets to us, past the mods, it all seems very friendly and mild to me, without any unpleasant behaviour at all...
          Cheers,
          Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
          Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

I am really suprised to read your post about this, I am very new here still but I have found the forum to be so helpful and friendly.
            I hope it all sorts out for you.
            Can I just say that I have found your posts to be very helpful!
            Take Care
            Sarah

Comment

Thank you so much ...this was a pretty old thread so on reflection I think I might have been being over sensitive....Like you say Wastril...it's hard to judge how someone is receiving your posts and some people can take offence where none was meant.

I felt a certain element of 'competition' from someone's posts - like they were trying to 'out do' me in the 'giving advice' olympics...

I have since found out that they are just very young and, perhaps, a bit short on tact and diplomacy so I don't feel anything was meant personally by it now...

I have very little spare time but almost all of it is spent reading the forum posts....that's a real testament to what a lovely and lively community it is...

And thank you Autumn Rose...I'm like a sponge where information is concerned so it's really nice to pass on some of what I've gleaned over the years...

Bless you all

Comment

You're so right! You never know when information is useful. I,ve picked up so much info over the years doing various bits of non sense. Unfortunately, little of it has ever been of use to me, so there is no option but to pass it on, whether people want it or not
                www.glowbiles.com. Real Glow-In-The-Dark decorations

Comment

hahaha lol

Comment

Working...
                  X