Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auntynet
    replied
    They are sooooo funny. Wonder if Muddle will have as much trouble when buying for their wedding?

Hopefully not!

Leave a comment:

• jacksonhen
    replied
    demand more value!

Since working in the wedding trade i have found it increasingly difficult to find venues which offer value for money where catering is concerned.
    Whilst they may be a fantastic venue for an intimate meal for two or family get together something goes awry when catering for a wedding.

I recently helped a bride who decided against having a local hotel and opted for a marquee with outside catering who provided a ploughmans for her 'country style' wedding. BINGO!
    Most of the guests are starving by the time they sit down to eat and more often than not have started celebrating whilst waiting for photos to finish so they wouldnt care what was put in from of them. Why pay extortionate prices if the venue wont deliver?

Leave a comment:

• Carol29
    replied
    Just had to have a look and you now have me hooked! I'm off now to watch the whole series of them on Youtube.

Goodnight!!

Carol
    www.carolshawjewellery.com

Leave a comment:

• Silver Butterfly
    replied
    Pagan, you look gorgeous, love the dress!

Leave a comment:

• creativeclare
    replied
    It looks lovely....as do you both!!

Leave a comment:

• Pagan
    replied
    I got married two years ago and we had a M&S cake - it tasted excellent too

Leave a comment:

• Silver Butterfly
    replied
    ooh, might try Tesco, thanks for the tip!

Leave a comment:

• creativeclare
    replied
    Originally posted by Silver Butterfly View Post
    LOL!
    Yep, that's how I'm feeling right now... Luckily our hotel package is really competitive and includes things like flowers and DJ otherwise I'd be trying to pretend we were just having a 'party' and not a wedding!!

Just need to buy a cake now... anyone got any tips on how to get one without saying its for a wedding??!
    Might not be whta you are looking for but Supermarkets such as Waitrose and Tesco Finest do lovely celebration cakes to order that you could theme to your wedding with ribbons etc.

Leave a comment:

• beadsbydesign
    replied
    Originally posted by Silver Butterfly View Post

Just need to buy a cake now... anyone got any tips on how to get one without saying its for a wedding??!

Well that's your challenge!!

Leave a comment:

• Silver Butterfly
    replied
    LOL!
    Yep, that's how I'm feeling right now... Luckily our hotel package is really competitive and includes things like flowers and DJ otherwise I'd be trying to pretend we were just having a 'party' and not a wedding!!

Leave a comment:

• louisejhampshire
    replied
    spot on!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Laura Clague
    replied
    ha ha that's brilliant!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Tip Top
    replied
    Very funny!

But very true!!!!

Leave a comment:

• indri
    replied
    Yep, that seems about right. I was amazed that I managed to find a venue that charged less than what seemed to be the normal £50 a head around here for a not very apetising looking menu, that you could have had for £20 for a Sunday lunch.

Leave a comment:

• BeadsbyLili
    replied
    That is so funny & true (reminds me of the rip off costs of various things when I planned our wedding!)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X