New heair combs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New heair combs

Here are two of the latest hair combs I've been creating.

This one is burgundy based using dart cut feathers and swarovski crystals.

This one uses Swarovski bicones and pearls.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

They are superb. What to type of glue do you use ?

Cheers Janice
    www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

I love the beadwork in the second one but my favourite is the first one - very elegant.
      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

on designs using glue like the second one here, then I use GS Hypo cement. it takes 24 hrs at least to dry properly, but always dries crystal clear so that if ther is any spillage around a crystal, then it becomes part of the design.

The first comb has no glue. It is created from 0.4mm sp wire that is twisted by hand (Ouch!) the featthers are just incorporated into the wind.

Comment

Oooo I love the first one!!! Would wear that one myself.......very nice and classy!

Pauline
          Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Stunning pieces!

Do you show them at wedding fairs?
            Blog Website Flickr

Comment

I am hoping to do so later this year.
              My tiaras and hair accessories are regular attenders at wedding fairs though. One of my clients runs a nail bar and has a selection of my jewellery, tiaras etc for sale in her shop. She takes them all with her when she goes!

This year I am hoping to expand that side of the business and am getting into gear to do the rounds of the area getting more stockists sorted out!

Comment

And here's the other item in this range.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2088/...8d9510.jpg?v=0

Comment

I really like those!!!

You know, just thought that with them being wedding related, if you want to swop links, I'm happy to do so!!!

Pauline
                  Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

I like the second one - great colours!

Comment

I have just been asked to make some hair combs, for a colleauges wedding outfit, she is the bridesmaid

The bride is sending me some feathers and would like to have them incorporated.

Do you just twist them into the wire and attach to the comb?
                      www.beadlab.com

Comment

lovely i like the first one very elegant
                        Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
                          I have just been asked to make some hair combs, for a colleauges wedding outfit, she is the bridesmaid

The bride is sending me some feathers and would like to have them incorporated.

Do you just twist them into the wire and attach to the comb?
                          you'll have to see the feathers before you make a discission.
                          Some feathers are stripped and then died. they tend to be the ones I work with most. They look better than the soft downy feathers.

I bundle the ends together and set with glue. I then bind the ends with 0.4mm wire and use the end to wrap onto the comb. it's fidly.

If the fethers are hairy all the way down they are much more difficult to use. The problem come in that you can easily distort the feather and it looks a mess. however if you try to strip them you risk loosing the colour. The best thing is to trim very close to the quill with out taking it all off.

Comment

They are both beautiful! I would be after something along those lines if my man asks me to marry him.
                            Trish

Comment

Thanks for your top tips bbd, and so quick too!

I will try some over the weekend, any tips on where is best to get the hair combs? I presume clear ones would be best?
                              www.beadlab.com

Comment

Working...
                              X