Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Themes 2008

Hullo,

Does anyone have any ideas of popular themes for 2008??

Perhaps the card and stationary makers out there already have some clues??

I make embroidered & personalised Wedding Ring pillows, last year the country went calla Lilly mad but I`m looking for inspiration for my 2008 designs.

C.

I still try to keep up with the trends being a retired florial designer and do still dabble a bit. My friends buisness in Va keep me in the loop.They are taking a lot of weddings with retro themes. Lots of pink and fluffy. One e-mailed me before Christmas and told me she took a wedding with the theme bubblegum and lolipops. She has to find bubblegum machines for table centerpices. Each place card will be a lolipop with lots of curling ribbion on the stick. She is hanging lolipops and bubblegum from everywhere. Sounds like a lot of fun. Its weddings like that I miss doing.
    But mainly she and my other friend are doing a lot of 50's wedding bouquets useing carnations and daisey mums and tulling.
    That may not help you much but though you may like to know
    Shabby Neesey

Comment

Sounds lovely!

Pink & fluffy, I can do!

Thanks for your tips. I was asked for a daisy pillow last October, didn`t occur to me that might be a new theme.

C .

Comment

Bet the bubblegum and lolipops would be great i love that idea might do something like that for mine lol oh watermelon jelly beans now your talking

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

Originally posted by Snow angel View Post
          Bet the bubblegum and lolipops would be great i love that idea might do something like that for mine lol oh watermelon jelly beans now your talking
          you could put a smaller cylander vase in a larger vase and put jelly beans and glitter in between then place flowers with lolipops wired in them in the smaller vase and tie a bow of raffea with wrapped sweets,or you could make your place cards with a small bag of jellybeans or use jelly beans like table glitter or or or lolololol..........I guess I could go on and on.Love being given a theme and run with it
          Weddings should be fun I think and they should be something people will remember and talk about. In a good ways that is lol
          OH! don't forget the cupcakes with lots of fluffy iceing
          Last edited by Neesey; 02-01-2008, 10:08 PM.
          Shabby Neesey

Comment

Originally posted by Neesey View Post
            you could put a smaller cylander vase in a larger vase and put jelly beans and glitter in between then place flowers with lolipops wired in them in the smaller vase and tie a bow of raffea with wrapped sweets,or you could make your place cards with a small bag of jellybeans or use jelly beans like table glitter or or or lolololol..........I guess I could go on and on.Love being given a theme and run with it
            Weddings should be fun I think and they should be something people will remember and talk about. In a good ways that is lol
            OH! don't forget the cupcakes with lots of fluffy iceing
            Ohhhhhhhhh i like it i think we will be getting married in 2009 and i so want something thats not been done before and all your ideas sound fab and right up my street

Comment

Because people plan there wedding so far in advance the designs that were at wedding fairs last year will be in use this year at weddings.
              the designs at this years wedding shows will be used for next years weddings.

I love the way people are using themes for weddings. It's so creative!
              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Wedding Bunting

I've been asked to make wedding bunting in pink & cream floral fabrics, with polka dots and retro patterns in betwen the florals.

Jules
                Apple Tree Crafts
                www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhh i like it i think we will be getting married in 2009 and i so want something thats not been done before and all your ideas sound fab and right up my street
                  Well if you need anymore I may have a few more.......my mind is always in overdrive lol
                  Shabby Neesey

Comment

Well if you need anymore I may have a few more.......my mind is always in overdrive lol

Oh yes please do tell

Comment

Oh yes please do tell
                      I've been thinking on it some.Way back when many moons ago (seam that way anyway lol ) we use to make icecream sundae's out of carnations. We started with a tall sundae glass and a straw. Line the sundae glass with silver mayler and put soaked oais's in. Put the straw in the oais.Then put 3 or 4 pink carnations around the edge of the glass.Thats the first layer.Then place 2 or 3 carnations on top of the first layer making this layer a little smaller. Then put a white carnation on the top to make the whip cream. Top it with a real cherry with the stem still on or a strawberry.You could glue candy sprinkles or glitter on the top by spraying glue on and then sprinkling over the glue.Will keep thinking.Sure I can come up with other things lol
                      Shabby Neesey

Comment

Wedding Inspiration

Hi,

This is a great website... lots of lovely ideas on their inspiration pages MOD EDIT - THIS IS STILL A URL. I particularly like their vintage chic page (12).

Kelly Geeson has some great designs on her site... could give you some ideas

Sorry I'm not permitted to enter URLs yet! MOD EDIT - WHY ENTER THEM THEN?

Hope this helps,
                        Laura
                        Last edited by Peter; 31-03-2008, 09:01 PM.
                        Laura Clague
                        www.lausbeads.com - handmade jewellery, accessories & cards
                        www.lauraelizabeth.co.uk - handmade wedding tiaras & jewellery

Comment

I've been thinking on it some.Way back when many moons ago (seam that way anyway lol ) we use to make icecream sundae's out of carnations. We started with a tall sundae glass and a straw. Line the sundae glass with silver mayler and put soaked oais's in. Put the straw in the oais.Then put 3 or 4 pink carnations around the edge of the glass.Thats the first layer.Then place 2 or 3 carnations on top of the first layer making this layer a little smaller. Then put a white carnation on the top to make the whip cream. Top it with a real cherry with the stem still on or a strawberry.You could glue candy sprinkles or glitter on the top by spraying glue on and then sprinkling over the glue.Will keep thinking.Sure I can come up with other things lol

They sound really nice

Comment

The latest colour to come over from Canda and USA is black. (for the bridesmaids and accentuating colour)
                            very simple lines still. the ever popular Calla lilly is also in with options in cream, deep burgundy or a red/orangey shade.
                            There are also still loads of burgundy and ivory weddings happening.
                            full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Thanks for that Karen.

I really like white embroidery on black and accents in black. Really don`t think I`d go for black BM dresses but atleast there would be a good chance the dresses would be worn again!

I need to redo my calla samples this year I think.

Off to turf out some black satin from my ever increasing stash!

Comment

Working...
                              X