First Wedding Fayre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Wedding Fayre

I am selling wedding favours at my first ever wedding fayre in Sept. If anyone has any advise it would be appreicated.
    thank you!

anita

Don't expect to make sales on the day.
    Wedding fairs or for advertising and for brides to gather up informatiion
    Make sure you have plenty of publicity and perhaps some give aways. A voucher with a cut of date is also a good idea.
    Dress smart, have samples of goods
    Think wedding with your display
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Wedding fairs are nothing at all like markets, craft fairs or anything along that line.
      Once you begin to think out of that box, then you basically think of a wedding fair as a marketing experience. You are unlikely to make sales or get committments on the day. The clientel are usually brides and their friends and relatives out to see what is available. They are usually 6 months or a year or two away from planning their wedding. They will not be looking to see who has the best deal on anything in particular yet. (if they wanted to do that then they'd look on the www or they'd look in the phone book)
      The idea is that they peruse and gather information and then go away and think about things. They may have seen things at the fair that they had never even thought of.
      You therefore need to offer the following things:
      classy and well designed information, business cards and perhaps some small samples. (brides love samples...) can you come up with something tiny and inexpensive that will make them remember you?
      An incentive voucher. they'll be more likely to keep your details then! (say free candle centre piece upgrade or something along those lines) you need a valid until date.
      You need a well set out table, think weddings.... creams, ivories, organza. confetti.
      You need to talk to everyone. People will remember the friendly outgoing ones. Make each person feel as though they are your top prioirity and that you'd love to be able to be involved with the wedding because it all sounds so beautiful!!
      You need to dress smart and business like... present a professional air.
      You may not get responses for six months or so or they may come in faster.
      Weddings are a great area to be involved in, they are very happy times and there is a lot of money to be made.... but the investment has to be put in for the advertising.
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Hello
        I've displayed at wedding fayres (used to be a florist) and also being now engaged have been to a few as well. I would recommend having a website if you don't already - most brides take cards and then look at the websites of their favourite suppliers at their lesiure.

A good display is always good as Brides are then drawn to your stand. Mirror disks always look nice for displaying good like favours, along with crystals. Your nearest florist wholesales normally sell these.

Good luck

Rebecca
        Breathtaking Designs Cards & Crafts
        www.Breathtakingdesigns.co.uk

Comment

I did many wedding fayres as a photographer and later on as a videographer.
          Always have a good show of your wares, showing your very best examples.
          Always be ultra polite and patient. Let the customer control the conversation.
          But show them, in no uncertain manner, that YOU are exactly what they are looking for.
          My very best fayre was 6 video bookings on the day, at the Epping Forest Country Club.
          http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/36_13_13.gif http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...ys/7_20_91.gif http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...pingsmiley.gif

Comment

Hi,
            Yes, wedding fayres are a lead gathering event.
            Don't start a conversation with 'so you're getting married' - because its obvious as they're there and its a yes/no question. Try asking 'whats your theme for your wedding'? Brides love talking about their wedding! Then you can say you can tie in favours to their theme etc and hand them your business card.
            Although you may not taking bookings at the fayre, you could have gift boxes of your bath bombs etc that the bride or family could buy there and then. Brides usually want to buy a little something on the day, and it goes towards recouping your stall fee. Just an idea...
            Hope it goes well for you, relax and remember to smile!
            Rachel
            Last edited by FabulousTiaras; 15-08-2011, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Hi rachel
              thank you so much for this!
              First one is Kirton Hall then another East of England, Peterborough...
              Lesley and Anita

Comment

You certainly did well...
                Thanks for the tips.
                Lesley and Anita

Comment

Originally posted by breathtakingdesigns View Post
                  Hello
                  I've displayed at wedding fayres (used to be a florist) and also being now engaged have been to a few as well. I would recommend having a website if you don't already - most brides take cards and then look at the websites of their favourite suppliers at their lesiure.

A good display is always good as Brides are then drawn to your stand. Mirror disks always look nice for displaying good like favours, along with crystals. Your nearest florist wholesales normally sell these.

Good luck

Rebecca
                  Breathtaking Designs Cards & Crafts
                  Hi Rebeca
                  Many thanks - wasn't sure what mirror disks are so will key into the search engine..
                  Lesley and anita.

Comment

Hi ... if I haven't said already, many thanks for your help. We have lots of samples, plus printed stuff...
                    Thanks
                    Lesley and Anita

Comment

I was wondering what you would recommend as suitable clothing for a guy at a wedding fair. Is a suit too much?

Comment

Hiya

The men wore shirt and suit and without ties to the East of England show we wen too.

Couple of men wore with ties but looks smart without tie.

Hope it goes well.

What is your thing for weddings?

Lesley
                        Bath Bomb Creations

t
                        Originally posted by SnugCraft View Post
                        I was wondering what you would recommend as suitable clothing for a guy at a wedding fair. Is a suit too much?

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkcrafts View Post
                          Hiya

The men wore shirt and suit and without ties to the East of England show we wen too.

Couple of men wore with ties but looks smart without tie.

Hope it goes well.

What is your thing for weddings?

Lesley
                          Bath Bomb Creations

t
                          Hi thanks for that, it suddenly occurred to me that we might be booking some fairs for next year and I have not been to one for almost two years and so had no real recollection of what the guys wear!

We have a small range of handmade wedding gifts and favours: Horseshoes, favours, tokens, token boxes etc. Over christmas were supposed to be expanding it as giftware seems to be really taking off for us!

Comment

Working...
                          X