• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Wedding Fair - Butterflies/ nervous

Hi folks

Well it's not long to my first wedding fair- Sunday 19th Sept

I hope I have everything ready !!!

I have sorted out my stock, I am going to put the price tags on each item, is this okay
    plenty of business cards, got new leaflets printed with 10 % discount - a mirror (thanks to Gbell for that suggestion)

Pens and paper

2 Helpers - aka teenagers daughters

Hopefully that is evething thing i need, i am open to any other suggestion please

So all i ask is to wish me luck, hopefully plenty of brides turn up.

Thank you
    Sara
    Elegant Designs

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elegan...3497680?ref=hl

lots of luck, I am doing one that day too

dont forget order forms for orders on the day
    www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Hi Sara,

It seem ages when you were telling me that you were doing your 1st wedding fair, and now it's come around so soon.

You will be absolutely fine. I know when I did my 1st fair I had so many nerves, but after chatting to the first few couples I loved it and now have another 2 booked and can't wait to get going

All I would say is that I wouldn't personally put the prices on the items. Not because it's not ok, but if they are not priced then people have to physically interact with you and you can have an informal chat, ask about the wedding, get some friendly banter going and they feel as if you are intersted in them as a person and intersted in their big day rather than them just glancing at the price tag.

I would say to wear comfy shoes and take a couple of bottles of water, snacks etc to keep you going.

Other than that, enjoy yourself and let us know how it goes

Trudy xx

Comment

Thank You Gbel and Trudy for your kind words

Good luck Gbel for your wedding fair, hope things go well and you get plenty of orders.

Thanks Trudy - about not putting the price tags on,
        I know where has these months gone, i see you have book a couple more wedding fairs, good luck with them.
        Comfy shoes are a must, i will take plenty photos and get them posted hopefully with a good report.

Did you get much feedback from your first one?

Speak soon
        Sara xx
        Sara
        Elegant Designs

Comment

How exciting!

If you get anyone interested, have you done a form to fill out details such as name, tel number, date of wedding and what they would like to have in their tiara (should they want a bit from one and a bit of another)? I also have a place to put bridesmaids requirements should they wish me to make combs or alice bands and jewellery etc.

Just a thought as it may look a bit more professional and organised than a bride wanting to ask for a bespoke design with matching jewellery and you trying to find a bit of paper.

Good luck and as stated previously...let us know how it goes. The tiara on your avatar looks lovely.

http://eiledon.co.uk
          http://eiledon.co.uk

http://eiledonworkingfromhome.blogspot.com

Comment

My first fair did get me my 1st order which I have just completed. The thing is though that people are just looking for suppliers and ideas on the day and not specifically looking to order anything until a few months later.

I gave 10% vouchers to all brides which are valid until the end of January 2011, so I may get some more orders in the next 3/4 months.

I had to make "me" memorable and stand out from the others, so that when they do come around to order their stationery they remember me and ask for a quote. I put my business cards in an organza favour bag with a couple of mini bath bombs in them, so the brides got a mini pamper and hopefuly remember the supplier that gave them a free gift

One thing I learnt is that brides to be love talking about their wedding to anyone, and love made to feel special.

Comment

Fresh flowers or nice looking imitations would give your stall a more 'weddingy' look.
              If you don't put prices on write a brief discription and the price in a note book or paper on a clip board so that you can briefly refer to it so it looks more professional and doesn't look like you are just plucking prices out of the air. It also stops you having to remember all the prices and maybe getting flustered or getting it wrong - I once sold a necklace for a lot less than I should have cos of that.
              Like Truddles says it's about making them feel special so make sure you are have all those stock phrases of 'that sounds wonderful' 'wow, your wedding day is going to be fab' ' oh, I love those colours' etc.

Good Luck.

Melanie

Comment

Once you have your table set up one thing I always do is to network with the other stall holders. Wander from table to table and see how other tables are set out and talk to the business owners. Tell them what your doing an invite them to come over to see your work. If you have a website ask if they would be interested in swapping links with their website if they have one. Sometimes at wedding fairs I get more sales of jewellery from the other stall holders than brides on the day.
                I like your idea of offering a discount if they book by a certain time. I am pretty sure you will find that it will be used as I once offered a similar deal online and I remember I got quite few sales with it.
                Do have an order pad as you may be lucky enough to get an order on the day but really it is often just a way to let potential customers know what you are offering.
                My very best wishes for your first wedding fair
                Something Shiny Something Sparkly
                Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
                My blog
                Facebook

Comment

Sounds like you have all the bases covered Sara

Hope it all goes well for you

Let us know how you get on next week ! only 7 more sleeps !

Francesca
                  * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
                  Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

The main point to remember, is to have supreme confidence in your product, or the service you are providing. And try to exude pride in what you are selling.
                    I did many wedding fairs and exibitions, as a videographer. So I had a point of focus, with a demo tape to attract potential customers. Other exibitors will come and look at your stand. And if they like what they see, they will recommend you. If you do fairs on a regular basis, then you will get to know a lot of people in the business. I made many priceless contacts with photographers, car hire firms and even toastmasters.
                    My best ever fair, was seven weddings booked and confirmed, on the day. With two, turned down, because I was already commited for that day.
                    http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/36_13_13.gif http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...ys/7_20_91.gif http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...pingsmiley.gif

Comment

Thank You everyone for kind words of encourgement, and advice.
                      i am sorry, it has taken me a few days to reply - my broad band decided to go so slow, i think i will be change user.

i am nervous but exicted, but the one thing i will try to do is enjoy it - sure its lovely to talk about weddings, i will hopfully have some exicted brides who can't wait to tell all about what they have plan or not.

All being well i will get some orders, make some new friends and get me name out there. i will let you all know on Sunday night, while i have a nice glass of red wine waiting on me how i get on.

Kind regards
                      Sara
                      Elegant Designs

Comment

Originally posted by tiara sara View Post
                        Hi folks

Well it's not long to my first wedding fair- Sunday 19th Sept

I hope I have everything ready !!!

I have sorted out my stock, I am going to put the price tags on each item, is this okay
                        plenty of business cards, got new leaflets printed with 10 % discount - a mirror (thanks to Gbell for that suggestion)

Pens and paper

2 Helpers - aka teenagers daughters

Hopefully that is evething thing i need, i am open to any other suggestion please

So all i ask is to wish me luck, hopefully plenty of brides turn up.

Thank you
                        Hi Sara, I suggest you to bring some flower's and greeting's cards with you and gave to the first some couple's. Doing that you will personalize soon among the festival. All the best for the festival.

Comment

Working...
                        X