Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favor ideas wanted please x

Hi all

Just wanted to pick your brains..............I have just finnished making the invites for my sister-in-laws wedding, now I have been asked to make the favors, they are looking for something a bit different, maybe a bit quirky, if anyone has any ideas.........please help as stumped a bit

thanks in advance

kazxx

I've seen favours that are made from paper that has seeds in it, so that when you plant it, you end up with some lovely flowers.

Or how about giving each guest a small piece of rose quartz as it is meant to represent love.

For my wedding, I made little origami baskets with a heart shaped sweetie in each one.

My sister in law gave out CDs containing songs that were played during the wedding and reception, and that meant a lot to them.

Little jars of jam, all decorated up with fabric on the lid and a ribbon round it?

Try google - there are thousands of fantastic ideas out there!

Emma.
    Last edited by KullakitaCards; 05-08-2009, 02:35 PM.
    Paperbuzz
    Adding a little magic to your celebrations

www.noths.com/paperbuzz

Comment

Ohh how about some little heart soaps that you can then make up boxes or bags for them to go in. Funnily enough I know someone who can make the soaps for you! LOL

Donna
      The Soap Fairy xx
      www.thesoapfairy.net

Comment

Originally posted by kazzells View Post
        Hi all

Just wanted to pick your brains..............I have just finnished making the invites for my sister-in-laws wedding, now I have been asked to make the favors, they are looking for something a bit different, maybe a bit quirky, if anyone has any ideas.........please help as stumped a bit

thanks in advance

kazxx
        Hi,

we create personalised embroidered gifts....

how about monogrammed hanky for each guest? we can do that £3 each?? (Quality M&S hankies)

For my wedding last year, we did monogrammed napkins (of bride & groom) and used that as the favour and loads of guests loved them!

Check out my website for pics,

xx
        Heidi

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Special Touch Gifts View Post
          Hi,

we create personalised embroidered gifts....

how about monogrammed hanky for each guest? we can do that £3 each?? (Quality M&S hankies)

For my wedding last year, we did monogrammed napkins (of bride & groom) and used that as the favour and loads of guests loved them!

Check out my website for pics,

xx
          Forgot to mention... we can use the same font type for embroidery as you have used on invitations.... therefore place names & hankies match!

Heidi

Comment

These are my thoughts..........

A dangle with beads and charms and one of the charms or mini gift tag attachments has the bride and grooms name and the wedding date on it? It could be hung somewhere in the home ie on a door/mirror/wall/window so when people see it they think of them.

An ATC mini artwork themed to match the wedding?

My sister had lovely wood and chrome wine bottle stoppers on the table. they fit her minimalist table perfectly and of course very functional!

Please let us know what you decide........
            Terry xxx
            You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
            Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

hiya

i handmake candles and can personalise them with their names and the date of their wedding.

I also make love heart floating candles that can be used for favours.

Or the most popular item I make for favour is handmade lip balms, they can also have these personalised.

My website is www.eternalflamecandles.co.uk and I have free p&p for the month of August.

HTH
              Vicky xx
              Eternal Flame Candles
              www.eternalflamecandles.co.uk

Hand Made in Scotland

Comment

Someone suggested the lttle baskets I sell on www.littlechile.co.uk could be wedding favours - with something inside, of course. Lots of suggestions for contents have been given above.
                AnnieAnna

Comment

How about a scratch card and a penny from the year of the wedding ?
                  Preserving your items and memories in Handmade custom jewellery Keepsake Gifts

Comment

Wow ....some great ideas, will pass them onto her and will let you all know what she eventually decides!! Thanks agin for all your help

kazx

Comment

This site is all about weddings - it has a great section on favors, this may help.

http://www.oncewed.com/category/insp...Selections=yes

Becky
                      site: www.dotsandspots.biz
                      blog: http://dotsandspotsdesign.blogspot.com/
                      MISI page: www.dotsandspots.misi.me.uk

Comment

hi im not sure if you everfotsorted with your favour sornot but i cameacross a fab idea on e bay (i wish i had of seen for my wedding) it was a little organza bag with a note on the outside of it and all the ingredients in it. the listing must of ended but it read as follows
                        A LITTLE BAG OF BLISS

CONTAINS

A BUTTON - TO PRESS IN TIMES OF PANIC

A CANDLE - TO LIGHT YOUR WAY IN THE DARK

A COIN - SO YOU NEVER HAVE TO SAY YOU HAVE NO MONEY

AN ERASER - TO WIPE AWAY YOUR MISTAKES

A MARBLE - FOR WHEN YOU'VE LOST YOURS

A RUBBER BAND - TO STRETCH YOU TO YOUR LIMITS

SOAP - TO WASH AWAY YOUR CARES

STRING - FOR WHEN EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE FALLING APART

Comment

Originally posted by mumof2 View Post
                          hi im not sure if you everfotsorted with your favour sornot but i cameacross a fab idea on e bay (i wish i had of seen for my wedding) it was a little organza bag with a note on the outside of it and all the ingredients in it. the listing must of ended but it read as follows
                          That is just the cutest idea ever! Well done to who ever thought that up I totally need one (and one spare for when I loose that one in the mellee )
                          Terry xxx
                          You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                          Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Originally posted by mumof2 View Post
                            A LITTLE BAG OF BLISS

CONTAINS

A BUTTON - TO PRESS IN TIMES OF PANIC

A CANDLE - TO LIGHT YOUR WAY IN THE DARK

A COIN - SO YOU NEVER HAVE TO SAY YOU HAVE NO MONEY

AN ERASER - TO WIPE AWAY YOUR MISTAKES

A MARBLE - FOR WHEN YOU'VE LOST YOURS

A RUBBER BAND - TO STRETCH YOU TO YOUR LIMITS

SOAP - TO WASH AWAY YOUR CARES

STRING - FOR WHEN EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE FALLING APART

Thanks for this idea .....love it

kazxx

Comment

I went to a wedding at the weekend and we all got a lottery ticket for that night's draw (I didn't win!).

I thought it was a better idea than the normal sugared almonds - I never eat those things!
                              Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

NEW Website: www.thecreativemills.co.uk
                              Blog: http://thecreativemills.blogspot.com
                              Check out my MISI shop: http://thecreativemills.misi.me.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X