Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wedding Colours 2009-10 and beyond

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wedding Colours 2009-10 and beyond

    A big chunk of what we sell is for people making their own wedding stationery and I want to be one step ahead of the game when I place my next order of embellishments and gems. I've noticed this year a lot of brides see to have pale pink, bottle green and lilac (not all together ) as their colour schemes and wondered if anyone knew what are the colours doing the rounds at the current wedding fayres?
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies


  • #2
    Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
    A big chunk of what we sell is for people making their own wedding stationery and I want to be one step ahead of the game when I place my next order of embellishments and gems. I've noticed this year a lot of brides see to have pale pink, bottle green and lilac (not all together ) as their colour schemes and wondered if anyone knew what are the colours doing the rounds at the current wedding fayres?
    My friend is getting married in October and a lot of the catalogue stuff she has been getting is showing russet colours - ambers, dark golden yellows, and orangey brown.. of course now I am looking for "pumpkin" coloured organza ribbon and hand laid papers for her stationery.. and can I get any?!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sparkysdad View Post
      My friend is getting married in October and a lot of the catalogue stuff she has been getting is showing russet colours - ambers, dark golden yellows, and orangey brown.. of course now I am looking for "pumpkin" coloured organza ribbon and hand laid papers for her stationery.. and can I get any?!!
      Oooh that's interesting, wonder if it's those colours because it's an autumn wedding or if they'll carry it forward into next season too Woodware do a good range of organza ribbon colours here http://www.woodware.co.uk/decorative-ribbons.asp and the terracotta may be pumpkin enough for you - use their stockist locator to find a shop near you and if that shop doesn't hold the ribbon they should be able to order it in for you.
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
        Oooh that's interesting, wonder if it's those colours because it's an autumn wedding or if they'll carry it forward into next season too Woodware do a good range of organza ribbon colours here http://www.woodware.co.uk/decorative-ribbons.asp and the terracotta may be pumpkin enough for you - use their stockist locator to find a shop near you and if that shop doesn't hold the ribbon they should be able to order it in for you.
        She has just been ordering in samples and catalogues.. not specifically for an Autumn wedding.. so I would guess that either these folk send out a winter and a summer version, or, the colours were the ones they hope to be promoting.. it wasn't every supplier (typical bride, every catalogue and brochure under the sun!) but it was "noticable"!

        Also my O/h's niece has just been a bridesmaid (2 weeks ago) - Bride wore white, bouquet was "tropical" - not seen pics, but I gather really "zingy" colours.. but the bridesmaids all wore mocha coloured dresses, and had orange gerberas and red/brown lilies on their wrists...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
          Oooh that's interesting, wonder if it's those colours because it's an autumn wedding or if they'll carry it forward into next season too Woodware do a good range of organza ribbon colours here http://www.woodware.co.uk/decorative-ribbons.asp and the terracotta may be pumpkin enough for you - use their stockist locator to find a shop near you and if that shop doesn't hold the ribbon they should be able to order it in for you.
          Thanks for the stockists tips, Im off to look now!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            im getting asked at the moment for bright pinks! a lot of midnight blue around, where as last year it was purples and dark reds

            just when i think ive got the colours covered though, someone comes along with something different!

            the wedding mags like wedding ideas and perfect weddings have a lot of trends in them
            www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

            Comment


            • #7
              Chocolate brown, teal, ivory and pinks - both baby pink and bright pink! I've done two lots of Wedding Stationery and those were the colours - Weddings taking place over the next few weeks!

              Have you seen the new Funky Hand download - I Do! Word Book - its all subtle browns and pale pinks

              Comment


              • #8
                My colours and others...

                My friend is getting married this autumn, and yet again, its the russets, oranges and browns ( all bridesmaids wearing different colours). I'm getting married next summer, and so far in the pallette we have me in a shot silk of orange, black and grey giving a gentle mushroom colour, chocolate for the bridesmaids and navy or airforce blue for the boys' kilts. I hope this helps! I'll update you when all my other betrothed friends let me in on their schemes!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ohhh great guy's good post! i've just ordered a load of ambers, olive, pale pinks and Emeral Green Crystals maybe i have a sense! lol But glad i've got something right i better get making! My Best friend has just got engaged and will shortly be buying 100s of wedding mags, so i will keep u updated! lol
                  Carly
                  Morgan-Jones Tiaras and Designs

                  http://morgan-jonestiaras.blogspot.com/

                  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/p...2472346?ref=ts

                  www.morgan-jonestiaras.co.uk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi

                    I have a small business selling wedding stationery and the main colours i have been asked for lately are

                    - fushia / hot pink
                    - baby pink
                    - sage green
                    - choclolate
                    - cadburys purple
                    - black and white & black and ivory

                    These have the been the main ones
                    www.babybearcreations.co.uk - handmade stationery and cards

                    www.buggable.weebly.com - personalised t-shirts and clothing, work wear and hen and stag t-shirts.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ive been asked for "late" sorry no slashy thing but as in the coffee, three times this week!
                      www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've been asked for quotes on white and gold wedding dresses lately, with the bridesmaids in gold top to toe.
                        www.wildwytch.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I make wedding veils and accessories and the main colours Im being asked for at the moment are...

                          Golds
                          Cadburys Purple (numerous amounts of these!)
                          Emerald Green
                          Blue - vivid blue
                          Red

                          A couple of years ago there seemed to be a lot of blush pink requested but not so much of that this year. It tends to be the rustic shades like a number of others have said already. Golds are always popular.
                          www.lindasveils.com

                          www.facebook.com/lindasveils

                          http://www.misi.co.uk/lindasveils

                          http://www.etsy.com/lindasveils

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My daughter is getting married next July. Her colours are fuschia, ivory and a hint of black. Other colours that are quite popular are purple, brown, and pewter grey. There are a lot of new design couture wedding dresses that are silver as well.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm a bridesmaid in Feb, we have the darkest damson purple dresses and some in silver. Just did a wedding at work a couple of weeks ago and the bridesmaids wore teal. Selina

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X