A re-birth for my Easter cards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A re-birth for my Easter cards!

Today I am tweeking my left over handmade easter cards to get another purpose so I can sell them before next easter LOL...anyone else here do that sort of thing? heehee
    She was not quite what you would call refined.
    She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
    She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.

i dont sell my cards but i do recycle cards that i receive and i tell people not to throw there cards away i will reuse them take out the inserts and put new ones in some cards i make i just add a peal off at last minute and they are multi functional cards
    Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Easter cards

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!! Didn't post what happended to me!! There is a very nice cafe in the village near to us.I had made about 15 small Easter cards, mainly for children, just using up bits and pieces. I asked in the cafe if they could take them They said they would because they were having an Easter display so I left them there. Anyway, didn't go in the cafe until after Easter not wanting to to appear 'anxious' about my cards. I asked the girl about them and she said 'Oh yes, they're here and gave me them back. Apparently the manageress was all set for this big Easter dispay and the company who she had ordered all the glitzy Easter bits off only sent half the stuff so she sent it back and told them not to bother with the rest!!! Consequently she cancelled the display and no one even phoned me to tell me that my cards wouldn't be put on sale!!!!! How awful is that? I was gutted, not because of the cards but because that was down right rude of them and I would have never treated anyone like that. They could have just put them on the counter because they do sell gifts!!! Rant over!!!
      http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Yeah that was rude of them Susie! and as you say they could have easily put your cards on the counter to sell or at least have called you up to say you needed to come and collect them in time to possibly sell them somewhere else! I have found some retailers to be quite careless in those ways...not bothering to phone back and that kind of thing. As for the cards...I had some Easter ones which just had flowers and butterflies etc on so I changed the message to either 'get well soon' or 'thinking of you' for example...tho some I can't re-use for anything else not unless we had santa bunny paws instead of santa claus...dont think that would catch on LOL
        She was not quite what you would call refined.
        She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
        She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.

Comment

Thats very canny of you to make festive/seasonal cards that could be altered afterwards for sale at another time of year - well done!

My things are all bespoke and I always feel for crafters who work so hard before their events making all their Valentine, Easter etc stock then have to take things home if the fair's a bit quiet or whatever

Great idea

Shaz x
          Keepsake Kollections
          & Rossendale Ramblings!
          http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Working...
          X