Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilly42
    replied
    Ok, just got the impression you wanted a lot of snow, 1kg makes about 160 pints so I felt that you were after more, but I think I have worked out you just after something cheaper. Hope you find what you need.

Leave a comment:

• Girl5123
    replied
    Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
    How do you intend to use it? Is it long term? How long does the snow need to last once its made?

The reason I ask is because our business hires snow machines (amongst other things) This makes loads of snow from a 5 litres of snow fluid that costs £16.99. The machine costs £18.00 per night to hire or about £80.00 to buy. It all depends on what you are doing as to how cost effect it is. It does fade away after a few hours but lasts quite well.

Edit: Just to clarify, I wasn't expecting you to hire or buy from us it was just as an example to an alternative that maybe more cost effective.
    Thanks for the help, but I definately don't need a snow machine! It's ony a craft project, not a big scale thing.

Leave a comment:

• Lilly42
    replied
    How do you intend to use it? Is it long term? How long does the snow need to last once its made?

The reason I ask is because our business hires snow machines (amongst other things) This makes loads of snow from a 5 litres of snow fluid that costs £16.99. The machine costs £18.00 per night to hire or about £80.00 to buy. It all depends on what you are doing as to how cost effect it is. It does fade away after a few hours but lasts quite well.

Edit: Just to clarify, I wasn't expecting you to hire or buy from us it was just as an example to an alternative that maybe more cost effective.
    Last edited by Lilly42; 17-10-2018, 10:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Girl5123
    replied
    Yes I need a lot. I have used it before and I really don't think it makes anywhere near the amount it states, unless I'm doing something wrong! 200g didn't go that far! Maybe there are different qualities : /

Leave a comment:

• Lilly42
    replied
    1kg seems like a lot, this item says 100g makes 16pints - 1kg should make approx 160pints if my maths is right, is that the sort of quantity you were after?

https://www.rapidonline.com/Major-Br...YaAmj9EALw_wcB

Leave a comment:

• Girl5123
    replied
    I haven't had any responses from anywhere I've posted so I assume no one knows! The cheapest I have found is £29 for 1kg from Ebay : )

Leave a comment:

• Fillip
    replied
    I interested in this too, I want to know the answer

Leave a comment:

• Girl5123
    started a topic Fake snow?

Fake snow?

Hi does anyone know the cheapest place to buy Sodium polyacrylate in the UK, as I am wanting to make fake snow? (powder you mix with water that makes an expanding gel substance) I'd need at least 1 kg. Ebay and Amazon seem quite expensive? Thanks
Working...
X