What to use as a clamp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use as a clamp

Hi guys , I've just started my yearly bauble decorating sessions , and after last year I promised myself that I would find something to help hole the bauble while I decorate it , I've only found one thing on eBay (it's a couple of dog clips on a stand with a magnifying glass attached . But it just doesn't seem to do the job , I want to be able to draw neat designs onto the bauble without it getting smudged or messy because of drawing round something is harder than it sounds .
    Anyway if anyone has a solution , I'm all ears and I'll get some photos of what I'm doing up soon
    paul

a quick thought...tie a small amount of string to the top of the bauble to make a loop and then hang it on a mug tree? Or use a small cylinder (toilet roll inner or the like) and stand the bauble on it, and then you can turn the roll round and the bauble will rotate too.
    Lucy Blossom
    Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
    https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

Plasticine?
      Casting pewter..in a field near you.

Comment

Plasticine or blutack should do the trick, failing that, depending on what the baubles are made of hot glue might work on a piece of wood you can stand up.

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

Have you heard of Sucro - if you have an idea of exactly what you want you can mould it and its dries HARD...its freezable, boilable and very malleable.
          I bought a sinilar thing on Etsy for jewellry making...(I have MS an need an extra "hand" sometimes.
          Try Instructables also (google it) Basically if a person has made ANYTHING out of ANYTHING, it will be on there! Have a trawl...you may get inspiration!

Comment

Try one of those mini vices with the crocodile clips

Comment

I'm thinking a stick with a big blob of blu tac on the top, stuck to the bottom of the bauble so you can hold it, turn it without smudging it.

"stick"?.....sorry Pete, meant dowel, suitably fashioned..Lol.

Dave.

Comment

Yes, im think im going with glynisrose & 3ddave, as them ways will give you the support so you can decorate it without it moving......and.....thats the way that i would do it too ( Ekk, my writings come out green )

Comment

What are you trying to clamp ? Things can be held together with different style clamps, like frame clamps or tenon clamps, or by using ropes or straps. Metal clamps usually rely on having one or two long threaded bolts which can be tightened up by hand.
                  taigamemienphichodienthoai.net Get free mobile phone games and enjoy your favourite mobile games free! Download full free games to your mobile and enjoy!

Comment

He was trying to clamp a Christmas bauble, probably done it by now.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                    X