Too early for the C word?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too early for the C word?

Has anyone started preparing for Christmas yet? I'm not making as much as I used to do but I'm well on the way. We go on holiday in August while our customers are on shutdown then its or peak period on the run up to Christmas.

This year I am making little cardboard bird houses with a battery tea light in to give instead of Christmas cards. I have just finished packing thirty of them in little cellophane bags to protect them. I might have to make a few more but I'm glad they are done.

Certainly not too early if you are a serious crafting business - we have all our packaging ordered, soaps have to be made by end of July so production has already increased - it is always a worry having to workout in June how much we will need.

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Mine usually starts around September but made a lot last year and never sent because of a death in the family so they can go this year instead. That has eased things off a bit.

Dave.

Comment

I think its great you are so prepared! Im sure around Christmas when everyone is running around crazily trying to sort it you will be relishing having your feet up! :-)
        "Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools"- Napoleon Bonaparte
        www.fallfromgrace349.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
          Certainly not too early if you are a serious crafting business - we have all our packaging ordered, soaps have to be made by end of July so production has already increased - it is always a worry having to workout in June how much we will need.

Jane
          I never thought about other businesses preparing. I find some of the high street stores a bit slow to catch the early birds. I do all my pressie shopping in November but the offers and shopping events are in December.

Comment

Part way through making gifts to give and plan to start making my stock to sell in July. Always follow the rule of Christmas in July, can be hard when scorching hot (okay warm this is England after all) but as never seem to get it all done need as much time as possible.

Comment

Although we are 6 months away from C, I started making the Jam, Butters, Syrup, flavoured vinegars, dried flowers, candles, so when the time is right all things can be put together in a lovely C Gifts.
              Whatmattersin1hr.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

I have only just got my kitchen registered and there are a few jobs to be done before I am fully satisfied with it, but as soon as they are done I will be starting to make preserves as many of them require a minimum of three months to mature before they are fit to eat. Some of the chutneys I prefer to leave in the store room for up to six months before they have matured enough, so I will be starting the cooking asap.

Linda

Comment

I started making Christmas presents for friends and family in February so I consider you to be a bit behind it's never too early to start!
                  View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Noooooo Well I have lots of cards made from last year, but until I move house, I can't really be starting with presents and things.
                    Lucy Blossom
                    Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
                    https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

I don't have time to make presents at the moment, well, the last few years really. I'm only making 'cards'. I used to go to ceramic class, make pot pourri and various preserves for xmas. I'm having a day off work today though. I'm finishing birthday and anniversary cards through to October as retired members of the family take long holidays abroad.

Comment

I've already started to build up Christmas stock. Last year it was so manic that I intend to be better prepared this year. Well, that's the theory anyway.
                        Carole x
                        www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

I made various glass gifts in previous years, and last year I made kilner jars of various bath salts/scrubs, all went down very well! I have started to sell my glass work, so am currently trying to work out which fairs to do, although seems this is too late to book some that were filled for this christmas before last christmas! Ekkkk!

Comment

We booked our first Christmas Fair last October. We are trying to get ahead with the bread and butter stuff but it's impossible to tell what will sell and need replacing.

We thought we had such a lot of stock, but we emptied pout all the boxes and put it all on the stock room shelves and it doesn't look a lot really. We have a two day fair @ Shaftsbury for the Gold Hill Festival next weekend would like to think we could sell lots..............................................

Mo.XX
                            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                            www.bodrighy.co.uk
                            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Mo, I have booked like you last year for Nov and Dec this.

Comment

Working...
                              X