This years offerings for the Christmas tree etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This years offerings for the Christmas tree etc

Some examples of the decorations I am making this year, icicles, hanging snowmen (have some free standing as well) and reindeer. Not turned but cute nevertheless LOL
    Comments critique and orders welcome as always LOL

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

They all look lovely.
    You could decorate some with green, white or silver ribbons too! (there's your critique for you ) And would you be thinking of adding any ribbon to the little loop on the snowmen to help them hang off a tree ?
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Thanks Indri, we hadn't but now you mention it it's not a bad idea, gives an extra festive feel Thanks. We have ordered some little bells to go on the reindeer. Doing the Salisbury German market so need to make a load of them in anticipation LOL.

Pete

Pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

Hehe. They have come a long way since we had the scarf knitting competition for them. Lovely arrangement Pete.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

The bells are a great idea! Also, didn't know if you could have some "spare ribbon" of other colours at your Christmas market for those who like to "colour coordinate" their trees to add at the market, or try to make a few in other colours. Just a suggestion and I am probably complicating things a little bit now! I really don't do colour coordination, I prefer random any colour on the tree sort of trees.
          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Ooh I want a snowman....

Comment

Great creations love them all

Comment

I love the little snowmen - very cute.
                Lucy Blossom
                Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
                https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

Hi Pete,
                  I sell the snowmen at the shop and they go very well. I haven't found a way of doing a father Christmas yet though, apart from a head. Any ideas?
                  Twitter:johnbaitken
                  Facebook:John Boyne-Aitken

Comment

Originally posted by Thebowlerhattedturner View Post
                    Hi Pete,
                    I sell the snowmen at the shop and they go very well. I haven't found a way of doing a father Christmas yet though, apart from a head. Any ideas?
                    The shape isn't too much of a problem John but by the time you add features, beard etc it gets to be too much time so not cost effective. I have an old scroll saw that I have been having a go on as Mo has drawn up some simple shapes for doves, robins and trees that may work. I have a plan for an angel on the lathe but haven't done it yet. I can pm it to you if you like

Pete
                    Facebook

Website

Comment

Working...
                    X