Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pledging to a handmade christmas this year! I won't be necessarily giving gifts that I've made, I'll be supporting other makers too by buying from them. I've been browsing folksy today for ideas, theres so much talent! I can't wait for the next 2 craft fairs I'll be at before christmas, I'm hoping someone can look after my stall so I can do some christmas shopping myself!

Comment

Not everything I am buying for Christmas is handmade but I will be giving jams and chutneys I have made myself as well as my chocolate treats and I have been getting lots from Artemis Designs, jewellery and other bits and pieces, have been trying to keep Kate busy :0)
      Made In Morecambe

Find me on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...15782225116007

Comment

I'll be having another handmade holiday this year (not exclusively though I'll admit). Already started on Christmas decorations but really need to get started on some other stuff too. I have more than enough ideas, but keep finding more and more cool things.

Comment

Re Handmade Christmas

I'm sooo looking forward to Christmas this year, I did pretty much everything handmade last year but this year it should be 100% (barring disastrous mistakes, obviously!) I'm already well on my way to having individual decorations for everyone in my family, and I've been playing around with lots of different card ideas as well.
          I'm planning to make a selection of chutneys and preserves in my slow cooker as well as a few bottles of elderberry liqueur (currently hiding away in a cupboard), and I'm also making a couple of cushions and personalised diaries, things like that. I'm fortunate that my nephews and nieces are perfectly happy with handmade things from me if their parents get them the electronic stuff!
          (Btw I've got a few decorations and cards in my shop if anyone hasn't got the time to make their own, I'm just making the most of having a LOT of spare time at the moment!)
          Come and visit me at my blog
          http://silverblackbird.wordpress.com/
          And for something a little less crafty:
          http://ersatztruths.wordpress.com/

Comment

Count me in.......
            Last year I made most of my presents (apart from some childrens gifts) and if I bought anything for adults I bought handmade gifts from craft fairs.

This year I am making pretty much everything, even for the children. The only one I plan to buy for is my son, who wants lego and a DS (which I have just got 2nd hand off ebay).

I have bought my various wooden and MDF blanks to paint up (all made in UK by small companys) and have got some porcelain pens, mugs and stuff for son to make his presents too. All in all it has cost around £80 which is far less than I would have spent on mass produced rubbish.

I am very excited and am busy sketching ideas in my design book. I will also be making all my own cards and am going to try and print my own wrapping paper this year (but we'll see how we get on).

I enjoy making presents for people as I can make something really special and personal to them. Most people seem to love getting hadmade gifts and if they don't that's one less for my Xmas list next year

Comment

This Thread is very old but we do have a Secret Santa every year. BBD will notify us all when the time comes and everyone gets the opportunity to join in. It is lots of fun.
              Carol
              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Where possible I make presents for family.

Wrapping ideas... Ever thought of wrapping using scraps of fabric instead then it can be reused year after year
                Blog: http://icklebigsis.blogspot.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AHintofMagick

Comment

Sign me up!!! I have been crafting for Christmas 2011 since January!! To date I have made four quilts (king and 3 twins) for family members, three table runners and two quillows (quilts that fold up into a pillow). I am planning to make at least two more quillows and for neighbors and friends, breads. For our church fair I am making crock pot candy! Oh, I have the sweatshirts to machine embroidery for the nephews and nieces their favorite sports team or activity. I have made tons of pillow cases for family too.

I am looking forward to hearing from other crafters and sharing ideas!!

elpat

Comment

I am definitely pledging to either buy or make handmade gifts for the majority of my gifts this year (with the exception of the electronic bits n bobs of course). I think they are so much more thoughtful then just buying imported goods from the shops, and at the end of the day that's what gift giving is all about, how thoughtful it is. And of course I'm definitely an advocate of using fabric for wrapping your gifts ;0)
                    Happywrap - Reusable Fabric Gift Wrap

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/happywrap

Comment

Me too! Handmade Christmas all the way!

Comment

Does this include vintage?
                        Because at the weekend I bought some vintage teacups to give to some of my friends, from the handmade and vintage fair I was selling at.
                        Other than that I think most of my presents are handmade or bought from a handmade seller.
                        I'm starting making my Christmas cards on Thursday & have already made a lot of decorations
                        www.goodnightboutique.com

Comment

For years I have been doing a partly homemade Christmas because it is enjoyable. Sometimes I ask if people really want Christmas cake and truffle and the answer is always yes. I also like shopping so not all of it will be handmade. Most of my family are not into the latest fad or trend so my Christmas shopping is done when I see the right present. I still have a lot of the toys my father made me and some of the clothes my mother made me as a child. Homemade is now cherished more but I can remember not many years ago that saying something was 'handmade' was almost a slur and not acceptable as a gift. Happily times have changed.

Comment

Working...
                          X