Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You crafty lot

Hi all

I have just 'opened' a shop on 'you crafty lot', what sales success has anyone had on this site. I am just putting myself on loads of websites at the moment to try and get at least one sale. It's a bit disheartening when nobody buys anything, especially when I think my 'wares' are quite nice.

All comments welcome.
    Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
    Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
    Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

I only signed up with YCL in Feb and haven't sold anything yet. It is a very new site so I think it will take time to "get going", but please don't let that put you off! The more the sellers put into it in terms of opening shops and advertising, the sooner the buyers will start coming in! That's how I see it anyway.
    Have just had a look at your shop and your stuff looks great. The only thing that struck me was that there don't seem to be any of your wonderful bears in the shop, yet you have a picture of them on the store front. Will you be adding some soon? I think people will really like those!
    Natalie
    website blog

Comment

I agree, I have signed up with them and what a lovely friendly lady Hazel is, I really messed up trying to upload my pictures but she helped me all the way.
      The more people that sign up the more notice it will get so we need to raise the profile all we can.
      Penny

www.creativepatchwork.com

www.tonysmithphotography.co.uk

Comment

I'm not on anything yet but I must say from reading what people have had to say about this new site and the lady Hazel, I do intend giving it a try when I get my head around packaging and costs for my stuff

I think its more UK based too? which might be a nice alternative site to Etsy once it gets itself more established

Shaz x
        Keepsake Kollections
        & Rossendale Ramblings!
        http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Originally posted by Focus on Life View Post
          I think its more UK based too? which might be a nice alternative site to Etsy once it gets itself more established
          Shaz x
          Exactly! So lets "big up" youcraftylot.com

http://www.youcraftylot.com/index.php
          Natalie
          website blog

Comment

I signed up...i don't know when ago but I've not yet sold anything. It's main appeal to me was that it was UK based. I think Etsy is still great because it allows us to access the US/Canadian market but for sellers at home they don't really want to look at a website in dollars.

I totally agree that it just needs a bit more exposure and promotion. I've added it my handouts and posters and correspondence so hopefully it will bring more business that way.
            Yvonne
            x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
            My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

I've heard of that, and I'm planning to sign up when I've got some stock at the ready. Hopefully that will be quite soon. But as I'm still at school full time, I don't have all that much time to craft unfortunately.
              Caz
              x

Comment

Working...
              X