Today has been Crazy.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today has been Crazy.....

.....got up bright and early this morning, to start work lining some baskets.

Thought I'd pop out to the freezer in the garage to get out something for supper. When I went to unlock the garage door, I realised the lock was dangling from the door by the thick wire stuff that turns the lock.

Someone has broken into our garage and we are now down 4 mountain bikes, and a custom built 'sit up & beg' bike that belongs to Himself, and was designed specially to help his back problems. They've stolen power tools, ordinary hand tools, you name it and it's gone. They've even taken food from the freezers, one of which, the meat freezer, is nearly empty. They left us a shoulder of lamb.....

It took the police four hours to turn up, but as they rightly said, the miscreants are long gone. We didn't hear a damn thing, I can't believe we didn't wake at all. The police have said that they think they know who's responsible and although they wouldn't confirm it, we think it's the new encampment of gypsies that arrived along the road a week or so ago. DD is convinced she saw her (brand new) bike there. Ours is the third burglary this past few days in our village. So we need to wait for the insurance company to get cracking now. Thank God for insurance, ours have been really helpful and reassuring on the phone today.

Whilst the police were here, the plumber decided to turn up. We've been waiting months on end for this guy - he's putting our new central heating system in. He's decided we'll need to replace all our radiators (13) as the old ones won't cope with the new high pressure combination boiler thingy. Also, some upheaval we didn't think about - they are going to remove the two water tanks from the attic & one from the airing cupboard as we won't need them (sheesh....got to clear the attic, ohmigawd....) They'll also have to drill huge holes in our stone floors to bury the new gas pipes from the meter cupboard on the side of the garage wall, going through three rooms to do this. Then they'll make the biggest, sootiest, mess imaginable by removing our coal-fired boiler from the kitchen. And they plan to do all this in one week, a few weeks hence. Someone remind me why I wanted gas central heating again?

Swear words...lots of very, very, rude swear words.

Oh yeah, I haven't done any sewing. Oddly.

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Aw Jules that's terrible big hugs for you and hope the insurance company get their fingers out!!

Go and gee them a glasgae kiss if you see them!!!

Sorry Jules.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

So sorry to hear all your bad news, Jules, hope it all gets sorted out soon, especially if any of your stolen property is seen in the vicinity.

Best wishes,

Si.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

Sorry re. news

Sounds like a B***** awful day. Did they leave you any wine? Perhaps a glass of that tonight may make you feel a bit better. Really hope you get it sorted.
        We had an awful experience with a neighbours cat a couple of weeks ago. Some idiots thought it would be a great idea to hold it and shoot it with an airgun 5 times before beating it!
        It survived and the police were called, had to go to spe******t vet in London. Poor thing. People can be just so awful - can't they!
        Rebecca

www.cauliflowercupcake.blogspot.com

Comment

Oh no, I`m sorry to hear about thefts from your garage. It`s really unsettling when something like that happens. Hope they catch the beggars soon.

Don`t forget freecycle when clearing your loft. It`s a good way of gettign rid of things fast without the hassle of going to the tip and charity shop.

Here`s hoping you have a much better day tomorrow!

Take Care

Clare

Comment

Eekk.

That is horrible and I hope you get back on the insurance what you need. Then buy a big truck. And run over the gits that did it.

Comment

Oh Jeez...

Originally posted by etvoila View Post
              Sounds like a B***** awful day. Did they leave you any wine? Perhaps a glass of that tonight may make you feel a bit better. Really hope you get it sorted.
              We had an awful experience with a neighbours cat a couple of weeks ago. Some idiots thought it would be a great idea to hold it and shoot it with an airgun 5 times before beating it!
              It survived and the police were called, had to go to spe******t vet in London. Poor thing. People can be just so awful - can't they!

God, I so hate that kind of stuff. Poor, poor cat. Just hearing about these cases is enough to reduce me to tears. We've got 9 cats and I'd hate to think of anything happening to any one of our babies. When we lived in Germany, some squaddies copied the Hale & Pace sketch and microwaved someone's kitten. I've never got over that.

I'm not upset about the break in any more, but I'm bl**dy cross. Sh*t happens, and it wasn't the house, my kids and husband are safe. It was just stuff. Annoying and inconvenient though it is, stuff can be replaced. My kids, my husband and my moggies can't. Importantly, we keep our wine supply in the house!

Freecycle! Good thinking...we could probably start our own branch with the amount of junk we have....

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

So sorry to hear about your bad luck. I had the wing mirror kicked off my car last week and I was [email protected]@**ed off about that but it pales into insignificance after hearing about your burglary. Just had a very nice letter from the police about keeping my things safe etc. Not sure what they expect me to do with my wingmirrors every night!!! Selina

Comment

i'm really sorry your having all this trouble and i can't think of anything different than what has been said already but just be sure i thinking about you and sending bug HUGS and a large virtual bottle of wine for later
                  while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

Yum....

...Himself went to Sainsbury's to get something for tea (cos the meat freezer is still empty) and he bought me three huge Easter Eggs all reduced to half price, to cheer me up!

Awww...he's so sweet! He's after helping me with eating them, but he's still very sweet.....

Wine is chilling......

Jules
                    Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Oh my giddy aunt, what a time youve had Jules! So sorry to hear about it all, I went speechless for a nanosecond so you can tell I was gobsmacked!

But you are so so right though - all your loved ones are safe and when it all boils right down to it, ultimately thats all that really matters in the world

...everything else is just sent to P SS us off and test our mettle

And as for monsters who do such cruel things to animals or any other living creature, oh how I wish they would eventually reap what they sow, I wish wish wish wish wish it

Shaz x
                      Keepsake Kollections
                      & Rossendale Ramblings!
                      http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Gawd Jules ... all I can think to say is "what don't kill us makes us stronger" !

Maybe the gypsies could do with a couple of skips being ordered and delivered....? As well as taxis, pizzas, etc, etc!?!?

Puts the 3 eggs we had thrown at the front of our house a few weeks ago look a bit trite! I let the police know and asked if we had been singled out, but no, apparantely some people had so little to do with their time, they went out on a freezing cold night with a bunch of eggs and threw them at various houses and cars!? Needless to say, I haven't got round to washing them off the windows yet .... euch!
                        Blog Website Flickr

Comment

And trust me eggs are an absolute arse to clean off windows, been there, done that!! My hubby says if he caught anyone doing that to a cat I'd be visiting him in prison, he says hes always been a ***** (cat) man!!! Selina

Comment

Oh Jules I am so sorry to hear about your horrible day. Thank goodness though that you and all the family are OK, as you say everything else is replaceable. Try not to let it get you down.
                            A few years ago we got woken up in the night by the dog, hubby ran down the stairs ( no clothes on, definately not a pretty sight!!) just in time to see a man climbing out of the window. Our beloved Old English Sheepdog ran past him and bit the intruder fairly and squarely on the bum!!!!!!!! Serve him right!!!
                            Snuggle down tonight with a big glass of wine and enjoy your choccies.
                            Big hugs from me.
                            Penny

www.creativepatchwork.com

www.tonysmithphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Selina View Post
                              And trust me eggs are an absolute arse to clean off windows, been there, done that!!
                              I'm hoping if I leave it long enough, we'll get enough rain that will wash it off!

Maybe when the weather's warmer I'll worry about it, but I aint going up a ladder with a bucket of water in this cold weather ... no siree!
                              Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X