New workshop premesis!! Excited!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New workshop premesis!! Excited!!

having just been massively inspired by the post below, I thought I would ask for ideas/inspiration for my new workshop.

We move into our new house in a couple of weeks, and we have an external office which I intend to use as an office/workshop for my tiaras/jewellery. It has the most awful (uninspiring!!) fake wood cladding all over the walls and ceiling (???), with reather grim lino in the floor.

I need to give it a BIG ole clean, and then i'd like to do something interesting in it. All I have so far that I want to fit in, is a stunning Swarovski image that was sent as their calender this year. Hard to describe, but if anyone remembers those rulers that you used to be able to get that showed one picture if held one way, and another when you moved the ruler...? Well its like that, and the colours are kind of rich purple/blues. (The calender bit is removable so I can get rid of it post 2008!)

Anyone want to spark off some ideas of what on earth I could do in there - its currently quite horrible!!

K xx
    I LOVE this horse. He makes me laugh every time I see him. He is mine.

www.uniquebeads.co.uk - Swarovski components, including filigrees
    www.starstruck-designs.co.uk - Beautifully handcrafted tiaras, jewellery and other crystal accessories.

Well being an artist I would always go for white walls and then for a bit of colour hang some large bright paintings on them. (some of my own are quite nice!! ) I would also have a large cork board where I could pin pictures, notes, photographs etc. Other than that I would try and keep the walls free of stuff - apart from some shelves perhaps - because as i get older I seem to want less clutter!!

Andrew

PS The shed at the moment, sometimes known as my studio, is not like that I have described above. I have shelves everywhere, the walls are some sort of off white, the walls that I can see that is, and I have rubbish everywhere!

The above is what I would like!

Remember a long road is best travelled with plenty of breaks.

Even the best of us make mistakes!

Comment

Oooh - loving the idea of a cork board (might even use the corks from the (many) bottles of red wine I seem to consume these days!!).

The room already has kitchen worktops on 2 walls, which are totally empty underneath, so I have loads of low storage - am hoping to keep the walls fairly free. Perhaps a couple of prints, and some wall mounted glass cabinets for my work...?

Exciting stuff!

K x
      I LOVE this horse. He makes me laugh every time I see him. He is mine.

www.uniquebeads.co.uk - Swarovski components, including filigrees
      www.starstruck-designs.co.uk - Beautifully handcrafted tiaras, jewellery and other crystal accessories.

Comment

I once saw a home decor prog years ago and loved this idea - it was a childs bedroom where they played sports and musical instruments - and they hung things like his saxaphone and baseball gear on the walls and put decorative frames around them with a jazzy background painted onto the wall within the frame

And I know this isnt about decoration as such but I do love those super organised garages where they have systems to know exactly what they have and, more importantly, can see whats missing - like the jar lids screwed beneath a shelf so you can just screw your jars of bits n bobs back onto its lid when you're done - or a hanging board on the wall where you draw around certain pieces of kit so you can see where it goes back once you're finished with it - I guess you could decorate it and jazzy it up to suit a craft environment

Shaz x
        Keepsake Kollections
        & Rossendale Ramblings!
        http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Working...
        X