Night shift nightmare!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night shift nightmare!!

Im starting my week of nights tomorow :-( Ive got to try and stay awake tonight, so Ill sleep tomorow, so Ill stay awake tomorow night! I think thats right anyway. I messed up last time by going to bed early the night before I started, woke up about 7 in the morning and was bouncing of the walls most of the day! Started feeling tired about 9ish, started me shift at half 9. was a bit of a pain to say the least! Ive never done nights in this hospital, and it creeps me out a bit in the day, so Im dreading the nights!! Anyway, Anyone else awake?? Talk to me!!
    I like to make things - usually a mess!
    Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
    http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

Im awake, though i dont know how to solve your problem!

i never sleep... well can't.. maybe i could take your job on
    Av xx
    Sprinkles Sparkles

Comment

Good luck!

Hi! I should be in bed but this Craft Site fascinates me. My hubby is away with work so I am taking advantage of a coule of late nights as when he is home he gets up at 5.30 so we are in bed for 11. My sister is a nurse, she lives in Derby. She used to do shifts but has changed now and does the day clinics. She thought it would be really good but it took her ages to get used to it because she said she had more time to herself when she worked shifts. Have youe been doing your shifts for long? Lynn always said the hospital was a bit creepy at night. Hope you have a good week and it is not too stressful! Take care, Sue.x
      http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Im still training. If I manage to get to the end of this week, without killing or seriously harming anyone, ive passed my first year! Woo! Cant wait! I like doing shifts, coz im usually up early anyway, so when im on early shifts it means i can get up n get to work, instead of hanging round the house for a few hours and then going! And when Im on a late, I can go do stuff in the morning. I used to work 9-6 in next, that was a bit annoying coz of the traffic in the rush hour.

Comment

I used to do shifts, including nights, and it can be dificult at first to get used to them1 trouble is now,i find it difficult NOT to stay up realy late!
          Don't stay up too late tonight, but getup as normal and try have a rest late afternoon, a brief siesta, then start the "day", with a breakfast type meal, might help psychologically to set the scene so to speak!

Comment

But the sleep you get on night shifts is fantastic. I love that feeling when you are coming home through rush hour as everyone is battling to work in the grey miserable rain, and you know that you have a nice warm bed and peaceful quiet to look forward to while their stress is only just starting!

Si.
            Wood Tattoos
            Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
            Facebook
            Flickr
            Twitter

Comment

Thats actually what I ended up doing! The internet went off last night, and I fell asleep in front of the telly! Then when all my housemates were getting up this morning for work I woke up. Im going to go back to bed about 3ish for a few hours. That should work I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                But the sleep you get on night shifts is fantastic. I love that feeling when you are coming home through rush hour as everyone is battling to work in the grey miserable rain, and you know that you have a nice warm bed and peaceful quiet to look forward to while their stress is only just starting!

Si.
                I loved that part of nightshift, there was also something about being awake at 3am knowing that the rest of the country were sound asleep that felt a bit magical That was when I first did nightshift however when the novelty factor was still there....towards the end (I did 18mths of alternating day/night shift) my body couldn't hack it at all and I'd come off nightshift sleep from 8am til 5pm and then back to bed at 10pm for a full nights sleep.
                Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

i have worked all sorts of shifts over the last 18 years and loved the night shift the best - can't do it now with 2 boys at primary school - but i loved going home when everyone was just setting of for work and having scrambled egg bacon and toast and heading to bed but my problem is i sleep better during the day and as OH now dose evening shifts, 5 pm to 3 am i am sometimes still awake when he comes home and have to be up again at 6.30 am
                  while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

I do shifts too, and at first i loved the fact i could have a nice long lie in and go to work later, but now i really find it hard to get up early and miss the days !!!!My shifts are usually 3 nights a week (work at 5pm til 4am! and two earlys (at work for 7am til 6pm) It does mess your body up though and i am starting to feel the strain!! Anyway, so you're not lonely I am usually on this site til the early hours!!!!

Hope al goes well!
                    Dee x
                    Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
                    Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
                    Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Working...
                    X