• My boiler has schitzophrenia...

...thinks its a tap

...dripping water like mad

...I'm on jug emptying duty until the gas man comes

Shaz x
    Keepsake Kollections
    & Rossendale Ramblings!
    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Oh dear Shaz.

I have to say I feel your pain, mine has decided it's going to trip out the second I leave the house, so everyday I get back from work and the house is cold, there is no hot water and my cat looks like he is going to shout at me for ruining his day ...again...because he's got no 'warm spot' next to the radiator!!!!

hee hee....good luck.
    C
    Love LittleGems x
    http://LittleGemsUK.etsy.com
    www.truly-handmade.co.uk

Comment

my washing machine broke dwn last week. I managed to open the door only to flood out the laundry with overspill into the kitchen and dining room.
      Called the guy out. He came and fixed it. Two loads later it broke again (same day) He came back and mended it again. Apparently it's .......

Lime scale damage!

Washing machines live longer with Calgon!
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
        my washing machine broke dwn last week. I managed to open the door only to flood out the laundry with overspill into the kitchen and dining room.
        Called the guy out. He came and fixed it. Two loads later it broke again (same day) He came back and mended it again. Apparently it's .......

Lime scale damage!

Washing machines live longer with Calgon!
        Oh I remember my Humberside days.....
        Kettle permanently furred up, Dishwasher conking out on us constantly, Washing machine always conked out just after it's warranty ran out and the hot water tank sprang regular leaks (apparantly due to limescale), the taps used to fur up really quickly etc, etc!

The water up here in the very North of North Yorkshire is wonderful. I've had the same kettle and Iron for two years which is a record for me.

Oh and yes I did use Calgon in my washer when I lived in Beverley but it didn't seem to make a jot of difference!
        Natalie
        website blog

Comment

Well the Gasman Cometh!

Couldnt fix it yet though, spent ages on it, has ordered no less than 4 parts to try, wont be here until next Tue...

...but at least he's been able to turn the boiler hot water connection off so I no longer have Drippy Drawers....and I have running cold water and the heatings working and I have an electric shower so, all in all, things are OK in Bacup!

I dont think we have the limescale lurgy here either, although I should change my kettle anyway, have had it 4 years - is there a good way to clean the inside of your kettle or is it best to just invest in a new one?

Shaz x
          Keepsake Kollections
          & Rossendale Ramblings!

Comment

At least he has come, and has solved the problem by ordering the new parts!

That is amazing!

Our boiler has been down for 5 weeks now, 6 weeks tomorrow. We have had no heating or hot water.

The boiler fixing man came 1 week after it broke down, and said he fixed it. Fixed it all for 30 mins until i turned up the thermostate and the heating, and hot water stopped again.

Phoned them back up and they couldnt come until the week after, (so thats week 3).

So he came back, same horrible man, and said it needed a new 'bit'. Apparently "we" had broken it

The new bit arrived yesterday (week 5 now), and it was the wrong part! Seriously how dense can this man be! He is a boiler repair man, and he had ordered the wrong part!

Thankfully we also have an electric shower, and a dishwasher.
            So washing clothes, and ourselves hasn't been too problematic.

Two electric heaters have been running constantly now, day and night, to heat the house. Luckily this is a rented house and the bills get paid by the landlord. We just pay the rent. Can you imagine how much the leccy bill is going to be!

I hope you don't end up with the wrong parts... or you might have the wait like we have.

Good Luck x
            Av xx
            Sprinkles Sparkles

Comment

What a nightmare Av! But yeah, I only rang at 8am this morning and he was here mid morning

Mind you, I pay for the privilige though, its on that British Gas service contract jobby so it aint cheap - but I'm always grateful I have it when I need it, boilers are notorious for needing a good fiddling with on a regular basis!

(bit like me!)

Shaz x
              Keepsake Kollections
              & Rossendale Ramblings!

Comment

Eeekkk!!

We were lucky when our gas boiler thing went as it burnt itself out but Simon managed to unplug it all just before we blew up! Bloke who came to fix it wanted to take the parts away to show his workmates as he'd never seen anything so bad!

The watertank in the loft was boiling over as the thermostat thing was burnt out and did not switch off so we could have had boiling water coming through the bedroom ceiling

Comment

Just what is it with all the 'bits' that need replacing that take so long to come !! We had a plumber in today to try and sort out our sluggish hot water flow and after he got nowhere phoning around his contacts trying to get the 'bit' for the boiler my hub just searched on eBay and found it there instead !
                  Mel

Comment

Working...
                  X