How to get an avatar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get an avatar?

See, I told you I was a technical numpty...

...I still havent figured out how to add an avatar yet. Just tried to pick a photo to use but it was 5.5 KB and needs to be 5.0 KB....but I cant for the life of me figure out if I can change it and, if so, how?

When I opened my photo, I found the list of its properties but it wont let me change anything...can anyone give me the numpty guide?

Thank you - apols if its posted elsewhere and Ive forgotten!

Shaz x
    Keepsake Kollections
    & Rossendale Ramblings!
    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Put it into Photoshop resize to 80 pixels wide ( the constrain proportions box is usually clicked so the image will resize to the nearest pixel keeping proportions if that makes sense ) and save for web in saving options ( a window with four images comes up choose the clearest) and click Ok .

Hope it works !
    Manda
    My Website
    My Blog

Comment

Ooh thanks for that - but I dont seem to have Photoshop on this new PC (New Year Sale jobby with Vista so still getting used to it!)

...when I right click on the photo, the only "open with" options I get are Epson Easy Photo Print or Paint or Windows Photo Gallery...and I havent been able to see that I can do the same resize function in any of those

Maybe I need to get Photoshop then unless anyone knows otherwise?

Thanks all
      Shaz x
      Keepsake Kollections
      & Rossendale Ramblings!
      http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

mmmm tricky ! i dont know what resize options there are in the programmes you have but just try going small say 3cm suare maybe ?
        That should make a pretty small file size -
        Manda
        My Website
        My Blog

Comment

Working...
        X