Nonna coincidence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nonna coincidence!

There's just been one of those daft, spooky, meaningless coincidences here at my house so I's gonna share it with you!

I had never heard of the word Nonna until last night reading Craft Fairy's bog....then lo and behold, I've got Ideal World on the TV in the background right now whilst I'm craft forumming....and she's selling mothers day flower deliveries and said "why not send some to your Nonna if she's italian!"

Shaz x
    Keepsake Kollections
    & Rossendale Ramblings!
    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

LOL!!! Now you know!!

I can come out with some sayings sometime's to. My friend laughs at me as she's northern and im a leicester girl... She didnt know what okie was and i didnt know what she was on about talking about her swede!
    Okie aka ice cream and swede aka head!
    x Maria

Website
    Blogging
    Facebook
    Flickr

Comment

hey , I'm a Leicester lass too...
      How do southerners live without the word 'mardy'? there's just no substitute. And the first time i asked for a cob in a London sandwich shop they thought i ment sweetcorn!

Comment

I always thought that "mardy" was a dictionary word until my sister started dating a Yorkshire lad and he'd never heard of it!!! What is the equivalent?

Claire x

Comment

Hubby's from Burton, so I learnt the word mardy fromhim,and use it quite a lot.
          Over theyears I did start hearing it quite a lot inthe greater London area,and NOT from Midlanders, so it must be spreading!

Comment

Mardy....

...I know the word mardy, but I must have picked it up in Cheshire!

Have a search for JBJB's thread called 'Clarty Mackems'

Jules
            Apple Tree Crafts
            www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Working...
            X