Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day!

Well? How did it go?

I got roses....they're orange (??) And, after almost 25 years of marriage, Himself bought me a card with 'To My Partner' written on it. This has upset me, but I don't know why. I know I'm being unreasonable here.....I just don't know why. I'm blaming my health....and hormones.

To cap it all the DD got a beautiful necklace, a HUGE bunch of the reddest roses going and a £25 box of chocs from Thorntons......did she rub in my shortcomings? Oh yes, she did!

Did you all have a lovely day today? Come on, tell all! I need romance by proxy here....

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

I wouldn't be upset Jules, just put it down to him being a man! They have no idea when it comes to things like this. I told hubby I didn't want anything for our anniversary last Sept and he bought me......nothing! Everyone made him feel so bad that he really splashed out the following week for my birthday

Today I got a bunch of pink tulips and some love hearts....we'd agreed we'd only spend a fiver each as Valentines is a bit of a con (I know I'm an old cynic).

Your card actually reminded me of when I was at upper school and got a 'For my Fiancee' card from this boy who fancied me...little bit disturbing imo and in his defence he claimed his mum had gone in the shop for him and she picked it
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I got nothing

I gave my lady nothing this morning but went out before work to get flowers and food for tonight..

Just need to get choc's and a card... Any bets on if she get me a card this year ?

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
      (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

awwww I got personalised love heart sweets, they have our name on and messages from my OH, really sweet, I loved them
        Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
        I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

Well take heart Jules at least you got something - I got hee haw!!! and I'm not expecting anything - passed waiting for the interflora man to arrive now!!

Hehe

Lisa

Bowed Over
          Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I've got nothing but dark circles under my eyes and a short temper

Been up since more or less 3:30am with one child.

The other one is a little darling as sleeps for at least 11 hours!!!!

So sympathy would be nice tonight!!

Comment

Awwwhh... big hugs all round (esp. Jules & Tip Top) - I hope your day gets better as it goes on.

In spite of the cynical no-one likes to be forgotten really and many years ago me & a mate decided we would send cheesy cards to eachother just so we wouldnt feel left out at school...and we're still carry on the tradition to this day ! I always have fun buying the worst card I can find and always get one from her that makes me laugh on the day

Mel

Comment

Harumph ... I got diddly squat!!

He made the mistake of thinking because I'd asked him if he wanted a card for valentines (to which he said no) that meant the same went for me.... Er... hello?! Since when does that apply?

He's in for a shock this afternoon at work too - hee hee - he works in a male environment with some real blokey-blokes and I've sent him a single red rose and a big red helium balloon. I told them to make sure they delivered it when there's going to be lots of blokes around!!

That'll learn him!
                Blog Website Flickr

Comment

I Think....

....it was the confusion. I must be confuddled. I don't like being referred to as a partner after all these years. It was like demotion (no offence intended to all the partners out there). Blame the hormones...

Himself has apologised. And then he was embarrassed when I produced my pressies for him. And the specially chosen card with words that don't gush but say everything I want to say perfectly. He said he feels very guilty...oh dear! how sad.

If we didn't do Valentine's Day it wouldn't have mattered, but we do, so I feel effort should be made to please. You know how it is when you've spent ages getting something just right and it's not reciprocated? (sp?)

Anyway, all is well now. Or it will be so long as something extra special is forthcoming for the wedding anniversary next week... I can never be cross with Himself for long.

Just now he's got a bee in his bonnet about me not buying his mother a mother's day card (have bought my mum's card & gift) ...I mean, get a grip, she's not my Ma.....thankfully!

Jules
                  Apple Tree Crafts
                  www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

After they were talking about it on Steve Wright in the Afternoon I had a search and found thishttp://www.clareflorist.co.uk/meanings.asp with all the meanings for flowers - orange roses mean desire and enthusiasm apparently. Just thank your lucky stars they weren't yellow which amongst other things means 'trying to care'
                    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Well I am feeling more than a little embarrassed..... I went out at lunchtime to get the lunches for the office, and walking down the chocolate bit, I thought "why not?" There was a massive selection, what did I buy? The smartprice ones! with a massive 98p printed in the corner.... as a joke of course, show all the girls at work, they think it is hilarious and so do I, until the flower man arrives, with a massive bunch of roses..... for me!

www.beadlab.com

Comment

Valentines Day

Hi!
                        I wouldn't be too upset about it because he obviously took it literally as you are, after all, his partner! I'm sure he wasn't being thoughtless.Men just see things differently don't they?
                        My hubby left me a lovely card but we decided not to buy presents as we are in the middle of having an extension built and doing the bungalow up. I suggested we had a bottle of M&S pink champagne instead of pressies!! I will have a nice meal ready when he comes home and put sparkly hearts and bits on the table. We've only been married 3 years even though we are not young, mind you we're not old either!!
                        I have spent the day making my cards and pottering about. The extension work is my excuse for not doing housework etc!!!
                        Anyway, I hope your day gets better. Happy Valentines Day to everyone!!
                        Sue. xx
                        http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

I have had nothing so far. The florists' van has delivered to every other bloody woman on the street so far and it's 4.55pm now so I'm not holding my breath! I used to get a single red rose on the 30th of every month (ok not Feb 'cos its Valentines one week and my B'day the next and there is no 30th in Feb anyway!) and a dozen on March 30th 'cos thats when we married! Now the only roses I get come in a bloody great tin at Christmas and I'm expected to share them with everyone!

Sorry for ranting! I'll probably be doing the same in a weeks time when I get nowt for me Birthday too!
                          Natalie
                          website blog

Comment

Well ... for all of us that wanted them and didn't get them

Happy <Commercial-Rip-Off> I mean Valentine's Day
                            Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
                              Well ... for all of us that wanted them and didn't get them

Happy <Commercial-Rip-Off> I mean Valentine's Day
                              Thank you very much for the lovely flowers - but I have to agree I do think it is a total rip off - why should you show your love for someone on 1 day of year - don't you think you should be doing it the other 364 days of the year!!!

Off the soap box now.

Cheers.

Lisa
                              Bowed Over
                              Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X