Summer weekend? or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer weekend? or not

Good Morning All, woke to a smattering of rain and now the thunder has started in the distance, me thinks a storm is on it's way.

Shiloh was 3 yesterday so thought `I would post a pic of him in his adult glory, shame his mental age is still at about 3 months but cannot have everything. Cannot believe he has gone from a tiny puppy to a 7st lump of fluff:

If at an event today stay dry and hope you sell loads, have a good day I am back to my sewing machine

awww he is such a sweetie, in large and mini size! Its really giving it some welly rain wise here today. I was hoping to sit in the garden and sew today but clearly not on the cards. What are you up to on your sewing machine today? :-)
    "Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools"- Napoleon Bonaparte
    www.fallfromgrace349.wordpress.com

Comment

Gosh, time flies so fast. I remember Shiloh being tiny.
      We were lucky this morning as it started out sunny and the eldest got out and mowed the grass befor it tanked it down big time.
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Dark, cold and wet here. Thank goodness I have no event booked!

In fact I have nothing booked for a few weeks, as I have several bespoke orders to fulfil and want to develop a couple of new lines for both my stall and my bespoke items. Today is a day chained to the sewing machines; I strongly suspect tomorrow will be, too, but I'll give myself some time off on Monday or Tuesday to do some fabric and haberdashery shopping.

Comment

We have the weekend at Shaftsbury Festival and the weather forecast at 5am today was to have a weeks rain in an hour this morning with thunderstorms thrown in. As it turned out we have a brief shower as we set up, fortunately the Gazebo was up by then, then the most beautiful warm sunny day

Fab day in the end, customers spending, everyone happy and smiling. If we do half as well tomorrow we will be well pleased.

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
            Good Morning All, woke to a smattering of rain and now the thunder has started in the distance, me thinks a storm is on it's way.

Shiloh was 3 yesterday so thought `I would post a pic of him in his adult glory, shame his mental age is still at about 3 months but cannot have everything. Cannot believe he has gone from a tiny puppy to a 7st lump of fluff:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41164[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41165[/ATTACH]

If at an event today stay dry and hope you sell loads, have a good day I am back to my sewing machine
            Nice looking Dog 8-)
            Toolbug Wood Carving Chisels
            Eyelet Punch & Hole Cutters
            Our Facebook
            Free Eyelet Pliers Guide

Comment

3 years old already? I still picture him as a puppy when you talk about him Caroline

We had a thunderstorm with no rain just before 7am but apparently a mile away it absolutely tipped it down. Then mid-morning it went as dark as a December afternoon, it was really eery seeing it so dark and we expected the storm from hell to erupt but apart from a bit of heavy rain it didn't really come to much so we definitely escaped the worst I think.

Spent the afternoon pottering, I've got to get in the loft and sort everything up there ready for our move but couldn't face it today - bad move as it means I've got to do it tomorrow now when it'll be even hotter up there. That'll be my job for tomorrow afternoon as we've decided to take Alex to the open farm day at the local agricultural college in the morning. He's now very good at naming animals and making the noises so I'm waiting for lots of excited shouting from him when he sees them in real life
              Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Happy Sunday Morn.

I know Netty the problem is Shiloh has not grown up think he is one spoilt dog and we have a permanent shadow.

Looks dry atm and could be hot later, these days of rain one day dry the next the grass is almost knee high already, never mind going for a long walk if I can shift DH out of bed.

Good luck for today Mo.

Don't mention lofts Netty we still have a lot of Lee's Mum's stuff up there that we need to get down and sort. I told Lee this time last year that we were emptying the top loft and only keeping what we really needed (ie guarantee boxes etc) in the small loft downstairs, now has this been done? no. Okay he has had a rough year and spent more time in the hospital than is good for you but must start to declutter, Embarrassing when a work man needs to access the loft and has to take his life in his hands because of the junk.
                Last edited by Caroleecrafts; 08-06-2014, 06:33 AM.

Comment

It's a beautiful sunny morning today, forecast is now saying no rain until this evening so the trip to the farm is definitely on

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
                  Don't mention lofts Netty we still have a lot of Lee's Mum's stuff up there that we need to get down and sort.
                  Same here, we have boxes of stuff from John's mum's house that we cleared out 7 years ago. He couldn't bare to throw anything out at the time but I'm hoping enough time has passed now that he'll be able to look through it a bit more rationally. We also seem to have 12 years worth of broken printers, PCs and laptops up there so I can see a few car boot sales coming on.

And good luck Mo!
                  Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Very mixed weekend here for us too. We went to the Kenilworth Show on Saturday. It rained all morning, some of it really heavy, but we didn't go until after lunch, took all the wet weather gear and it broke out gloriously sunny and warm. I used the umbrella as a parasol instead! We got quite muddy from just walking around the showground, but we had fun. I still need to clean those muddy boots properly. Yesterday we had to take daughter to a birthday party. I took some knitting to do while I was there.
                    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                    X