Right, that's it, I've had enough!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right, that's it, I've had enough!!

I'm so fed up at the moment I could explode! Understandably it been slow for me since Christmas....but now it's just painful! I blog, i'm on ETSY, on Ebay, have my own website...and i'm knackered! I'm selling my stuff for pennies...and have been told be 3 people that buyers are reselling my work for £15-35! I've caught myself looking at the jobs section twice this week. Does anyone else feel like that at the moment or is it just me?
    Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
    Dichroic Glass Tutorials
    Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

I feel the same, although I am not on as many sites as you are. Have been on etsy but went of it since I really didn't think it gave anything, I think I didn't give it enough time though.

The really disappointed point for me was going around some local shops here and asking if they would be interested in some stuff I make, but they are clearly not interested in local handmade crafts.

I will keep on trying though for a while longer, but it is stressful and tiring, but then again, it only takes one email from someone saying they love my stuff, makes me smile again and think it is worth it, for now at least.
    http://www.youyours.se

Comment

ello!

((Hugs)) .. You know how i feel as i've recently emailed you and had a moan myself! It's Jan and everyone has spent all there money! Don't get down ... your stuff is amazing
      incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
      ___

Comment

~~ another subject ... but have you had anymore thoughts about the gift boxed idea?
        incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
        ___

Comment

...yep. Not forgotten...will start sending out messages in a month or so when i'm not so stressed..if I'm still running and haven't legged it for a better life in Spain.
          Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

I'm not suprised tbh that your items are being re-sold for those amounts as your stuff is fantastic and I'm sure my friend and aunt thought I was amazingly generous this xmas with their glasskanvas pressies.

OK, here's a radical but possibly not practical suggestion. Why not relist everything on ebay etc but with much higher prices - just think, selling 4 items for £25 each would make you as much as selling 20 items at £5 (boy you can tell I got A-level maths ). Other people are obviously valuing your work so why the hell shouldn't you? Easy for me to say I know.....
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by glasskanvas View Post
              ...yep. Not forgotten...will start sending out messages in a month or so when i'm not so stressed..if I'm still running and haven't legged it for a better life in Spain.
              No rush... just wondering if it was still on the tables.

~ Don't run off to Spain, we need you here Xxxx
              ___

Comment

Sending you a big hug GK, I know how you feel, its those dreaded january blues. You're not alone. Dont give up your work is AMAZING, your a really talented artist!
                I hope things start picking up again for you soon. Which I have no doubt that they will.

Sarah
                Hope Jewellery
                http://www.hopejewellery.co.uk
                My blog: http://www.saysie.blogspot.com
                My new Etsy Shop: http://www.saysie.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by youyours View Post
                  I feel the same, although I am not on as many sites as you are. Have been on etsy but went of it since I really didn't think it gave anything, I think I didn't give it enough time though.

The really disappointed point for me was going around some local shops here and asking if they would be interested in some stuff I make, but they are clearly not interested in local handmade crafts.

I will keep on trying though for a while longer, but it is stressful and tiring, but then again, it only takes one email from someone saying they love my stuff, makes me smile again and think it is worth it, for now at least.
                  Awww big hugs honey. I noticed that certain people had been reselling your items. The offer from earlier still stands and if you want some pointers about raising your profile on the search engines mail me, I have a few tricks. Dont let the b***...s get you down
                  Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
                  I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

I would try raising your prices too - some people on Etsy did it and they noticed a jump in sales. Those people who know your work know that it is fab and very good value for the money but those who don't know your work may be thinking that the quality might not be good for that kind of price.
                    Now I'm looking at stuff to put Cuteable I see loads of stuff that is underpriced but what can you do. I would give it a try on ebay or somewhere like that. If people are reselling your work at a higher price then it's obviously worth it.
                    Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                    My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                    My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice folks. I'm going to take a few things on board and see how I get on. I've had a few wholesale enquiries come through in the last day or so and maybe they'll turn out to be worthwhile. I could do with a change though....maybe i'll take up basket weaving. A job in a nice art gallery really does sound appealing at the moment though!
                      Dichroic Glass Tutorials

Comment

fed up and bored!

I'm so fed up! All I do is dream about jewellery, design it and craft it all the time but no-one seems to be the least bit interested! I'm going to cry...

Comment

GK - It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way sometimes...! I too spend a LOT of time every day trying to 'push' sales, sometimes it seems like a total waste of time, other times it works... and I have to confess to having a look at the jobs sections now and again too..! but your work really is lovely, and so is your website.. keep it going!

I would be really interested to know whether putting your prices up has any effect - please post another message to let us know how it's going
                          www.truebloom.blogspot.com
                          www.truebloom.co.uk
                          My Etsy Shop

Comment

G.K

Dont give up your pieces are awsome. Maybe your prices are cheaper and a price rise is in order.

All that I can say is the things that you made for me at Christmas were so well recieved it would be a shame if your talents were not used.

Chin up and BIG HUGS

Janice
                            www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Price oftern = Quality ...

Its amazing when you up the price of something and more people buy...

Its a funny old world..

You lucky if people are reselling as you have been given a FREE price gudie!

Good luck

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                              (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X