Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the weirdest thing you have used ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the weirdest thing you have used ?

just for a bit of fun, and also shows the adaptability and creativity of crafters.

what is the oddest item you have used either as a tool or incorporated into any of your crafts? ( or have collected but not used yet)

No prizes .. just for a laugh

I use quite a lot of toothpicks (tools and to incorporate into items)
    drinking straws (tool)
    old CDs dvds (paint palette)
    dog hair.....
    Hope I'm not the only weird one out there

Dentists tools for clay modelling

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

yea.. i wanted some of them too... but dont have any dentist friends(nothing personal but i HATE them),and not that I would even consider stealing them, as I even cross the road rater than walk past a dental surgery that was an impossible option too!

Comment

Not something I've used ... but my mum is knitting herself a peaked cap and is waiting until her washing up bottle is empty to use the plastic for the peak part. (Very "Blue Peter" if you ask me)
        Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Oh where to start!!
          I am using foreign money at the moment in some art work I am making, I have collected plastic and normal beer bottle tops to turn into fridge magnets. I have a large selection of plastic bottles to turn into jewellery, magazines for turning into envelopes. I collect all sorts of things to be hoarded in case I ever need it!
          Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
          My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
          My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

I use the little plastic measuring scoops that you get in tins of baby milk for scooping beads (I have to be careful not loose them all now as my son no longer has baby milk!)
            Mel

Comment

Originally posted by swirlyarts View Post
              magazines for turning into envelopes.
              I saw this in the Lakeland catalogue yesterday and thought of you swirly !
              Blog Website Flickr

Comment

I've Got One...

Originally posted by BeadsbyLili View Post
                I use the little plastic measuring scoops that you get in tins of baby milk for scooping beads (I have to be careful not loose them all now as my son no longer has baby milk!)

I've got a red one from SMA formula (I think) in my salt jar next to the cooker. It has be 10+ years old now. Lasted longer than lots of other kitchen utensils!

Jules
                Apple Tree Crafts
                www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Egg cups, saucers... anything I can get my hands on in the kithcen really as templates or holders for things. Toothpicks are always used both as a tool and for support in some of my quilled projects (they are hidden away inside stacked coils).
                  View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

The weirdest thing!!

When making a football card for a friend of my son, I used a washing tablet net for the goal. Is this weird enough? Also use the wire from a twist tie for stems of flowers.
                    Julie

Comment

I am trying to combine my hobby (jewellery making) with boyfy's hobby (computers) - or am I just trying to reduce the amount of tat in the spare room?

I have collected loads of spare computery bits I plan to make into jewellery, although Dave requests that I ask him first before "recycling" his computer components - apparently some are quite expensive.......
                      www.beadlab.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
                        apparently some are quite expensive.......

....and? Art has no boundaries when it comes to expense.....

Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X