Bad Attitude Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Attitude Email

This morning I got several 'website contact form' emails. These are for the Craft fair site, forwarded to me via Mr Site.

I've been grappling with a reply to one particular contact form all morning. Now, to be honest it has really shocked me. The person was asking to be added to our database but (and I quote)

"only if the people who attend your events are proffessional. I will not associate with hobbyists"

It's taken me over an hour, off & on, to compose a reply. I've said that quite frankly I found this person's attitude very shocking, and I've explained that we accept any crafters who make their own crafts, whether or not they do it for a living. I've said that all the people who attend our fairs craft to extremely professional standards, and that it is a sad fact of life that many of us cannot give up our day jobs for various reasons, but that it is something we all dream about. I've gone on to explain that if so-called 'hobbyists' don't get a chance to show the public exactly what they are capable of doing there would be no professionals. I've been very polite but very firm, reiterating our ethos and why we set up ATCF.

Himself thinks I should just ignore this person, and dump the email, not adding them to our database. I think I should reply, because this person's attitude isn't helping the cause any.

Any advice? Have I forgotten anything I should mention?

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Yeah... you forgot to tell him that if he gets any further up himself he'll end up tied up in knot!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

How Did You Know....

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
      Yeah... you forgot to tell him that if he gets any further up himself he'll end up tied up in knot!
      ...it was a guy?

Is it so obvious??

Jules
      Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

I would defnitely reply - who does he think getting off preaching - it is crafters like that you could well do without - could you imagine what he would be like at an event?

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I thought that as well. Would hate to be stuck beside him for a whole day. There are people like that in every walk of life it's makes you wonder where all that bad feeling comes from.

P.S He's not a photographer is he ? I had the misfortune to meet a guy like this at a show in Edinburgh and because I didn't know any better the orginisers put me beside him .

Cheers Janice
          www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

I would reply along the lines of, I too only deal with proffesionals, that is why I am not dealing with you as you seem very unproffesional
            Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
            I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

I get at least 5 of those a week..

Had some great ones regarding this forum..

Really really rude...

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
              (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Dear Sir.....

Originally posted by 0103media View Post

Really really rude...

...There's nothing wrong with this forum. We love it. And perfection is boring.....

Yours Sincerely.

A. Forum-Member
                Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Another one here who would defnitely reply lets us know what you do and if he says anything else

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

Oh I know how you feel! I get messages all the time from really rude people through my website asking the most direct questions about how I design etc..unbelieveable..
                    Anice xx
                    Funkyhand x
                    my website
                    http://www.funkyhand.com
                    my blog (updated 09/06/10)
                    http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
                    Follow me on Twitter
                    http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

i would love to be beside the guy at a craft fair being a "hobbyist" i would give him so much earache he would leave before the fair was over
                      while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

I can't believe how some people are really rude. As for being 'hobbyists' isn't that how we all start off as? Enthusiastic hobbyists with a passion for our individual craft. Some of us go on to turn our passion into a business whilst others are more than content to leave it as a hobby. Just because it is a hobby doesn't always mean that we are amateurs.

Just my tuppence worth.

Ruby x
                        Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
                        Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
                        Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by 0103media View Post

Really really rude...

Oooh ... what were they?
                          Blog Website Flickr

Comment

My Reply

"Dear Sir,

In reply to your queries sent through our website, I would like to reassure you that every crafter we offer space to is a professional. Please don't worry about 'associating with hobbyists' We will never ask you to do such thing, and as such, we will not be adding your details to our database.

Thank you very much for contacting Apple Tree Craft Fairs.

Yours Sincerely,"

I had written loads this morning, because I got very worked up. Then I decided that the guy was a twonk, and I was wasting my crafting time on him. If he isn't a nice guy now, then nothing I say will change that!

One good point about getting fairly stressed over this was the fact that I stuffed tow really good, smooth strawberry cushions! Talk about occupational therapy!

Jules
                            Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Good for you Jules
                              Emma
                              Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
                              Sassy Crafts Blog
                              My Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X