Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New postal charges

*sigh*

Royal Mail has announced the following price changes, effective from 7th April, 2008:
    A First Class stamp for a standard packet weighing 101g to 250g will cost £1.45, an increase of 7p.
    A Second Class stamp for a standard packet weighing 101g to 250g will cost £1.24, an increase of 4p.
    Special Delivery guaranteed next day service for items weighing between 100g and 500g will cost £5.05, a rise of 30p. Prices for other weights and sizes have also changed; full details can be found at the Royal Mail website.
    Also worth noting:
    Prices for some heavier items will fall, which will be good news for some eBay buyers and sellers.
    For the first time, medium-sized businesses will get discounts on volume – the more they post, the lower the postage bill. Please see the Royal Mail website for more details on discounts and new prices.
    Blog Website Flickr

JBJB, you forgot to mention the other bonuses Royal Mail are offering...

"For no extra charge, we will ensure that your parcel arrives horrendously late, having been used as a football by a team of vicious Post pixies until it now resembles something that has been dug up by Time Team. We will also try to make sure that your local Post Office is closed down so that you have to travel at least 70 miles to get to the nearest one... which will be closed when you get there."

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

ROFLMAO!
      Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
        "For no extra charge, we will ensure that your parcel arrives horrendously late, having been used as a football by a team of vicious Post pixies until it now resembles something that has been dug up by Time Team. We will also try to make sure that your local Post Office is closed down so that you have to travel at least 70 miles to get to the nearest one... which will be closed when you get there."

Si.

Too right. I posted a parcel just before Christmas for someone on the forum (you know who you are ). Well it had 2 jar candles and a few other candles and votives. One of the jar candles was totally obliterated pretty much nothing left but dust and the label - strangely enough everything else in the parcel was fine totally untouched - now how did they manage to do that? I think Harry Potter must have had something to do with it or the sods have dropped something really heavy onto that one teeny tiny exact spot!!!

And the prices are going up!!!!! They should be wearing masks - flaming high way robbery if you as me!)

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I'm far too cynical these days.
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
            I'm far too cynical these days.
            You are taking over from Peter!!
            Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
            My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
            My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Since they rejigged the postage system it's all gone to pot!...well finished it's journey there anyway. It's now cheaper for me to send, say 12 items in 3 separate parcels which can't be good carbon footage!
              Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
              Dichroic Glass Tutorials
              Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

I wonder how they have the cheek to put prices up after the strike this year, the lost mail that they can't deliver, the damaged parcels they do deliver and don't give a dam about,

They are really beyond a Joke, but what can one do about it they still have the monopoly when it comes to posting letters and small parcels,

Comment

Originally posted by just_mai View Post
                  I wonder how they have the cheek to put prices up after the strike this year, the lost mail that they can't deliver, the damaged parcels they do deliver and don't give a dam about,

They are really beyond a Joke, but what can one do about it they still have the monopoly when it comes to posting letters and small parcels,
                  Too true, but they don't hold the monopoly on big business mail anymore. More are using firms like TNT, UKMail, etc. Mind you, they just pay their charges, the mail still gets sorted by RM and gets delivered by them.

Mind you I've seen the way packages are handled by sorters. (Hubby used to work for UPS many moons ago) The sheer volume and speed they have to sort through at the hubs to enable the parcels to get to their destination on the timed delivery trucks is phenomenal. I'm surprised there aren't more breakages and damages to be honest.

With late pickups and earlier delivery times there isn't enough time to get the parcels split or the manpower as most pay peanuts and have such a high turnover of staff, that they tend to use agency workers.

But I hear where you're coming from. You pay for a service so you expect to get what you pay for.

Ruby x
                  Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
                  Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
                  Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                  X