Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show off your Snow people and snow creatures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show off your Snow people and snow creatures!

I believe that building snowmen must be a craft. You can get quite fancy snow sculptures in some places. I don't claim to be an expert in building snow people/creatures, but here is this years efforts:

Snowman and below a snow dinosaur (a small T-rex). It's my first attempt at a snow dinosaur.

View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

We haven't got enough snow to make a snowman

They do forecast more for tomorrow though.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Our snow wasn't very sticky so we did lots of sledging and snow angels and snowballs and snow kicking (cos it made good snow showers)
      Last edited by blackwillow; 20-01-2013, 10:27 AM.
      Custom tribal belly dance costumes & accessories

Unique jewellery for those who love to turn heads

Comment

Our snow was difficult to work with - I couldn't roll a big ball like I did last year which is why the snowman is thin rather than fat. I actually think this years is better than last years attempt.

I've never done snowangels. Looks far too cold to me!
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
          We haven't got enough snow to make a snowman

They do forecast more for tomorrow though.
          Haha we have but I am lacking the initiative.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Thought I would give you all a laugh and post photos of my creations. I decided to build a snow woman as everyone was doing snowmen but then gave in and done both - but at opposite ends of the garden
            The only thing holding you back is yourself
            www.sirinadesigns.co.uk
            https://www.facebook.com/Sirinadesigns
            http://sirinadesigns.blogspot.com/
            twitter - @sirinadesigns

Comment

Snow is deep enough now but it really doesn't appeal I'm afraid, far too cold.

Indri my hubby said your snow dinosaur looked like it had the head of a dog and the bottom of a duck! How rude of him, I should challenge him to make a better one

And we liked the snow woman in our house

Comment

My snow dinosaur doesn't look so good now, it got covered in snow yesterday and the carrot nose on the snowman is now white with snow. Nattynetty, your hubby should try and do a better job!
                View my flickr

Comment

He's too much of a wimp to rise to the challenge Indri and prefers staying inside in the warm.

Comment

In which case he has no reason to criticise. When Alex is older he will have to rise to the challenge of snow creature building!
                    View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X