Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying from Ebay - item from Hong Kong - customs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying from Ebay - item from Hong Kong - customs?

Can anyone tell me about custom charges??

I want to buy some beads off eBay but I've never bought from Hong Kong/China before and don't want to get caught out by high customs charges.

They are £1.30 at the minute with free p+p. Is there a limit to what I spend before custom charges are made or is it weight?

I really don't understand and I have looked at websites but still don't! I don't know whether I should risk it or not?

Hope you can help

Xx
    Bespoke handcrafted bracelets by Charmed Soul

www.charmedsoul.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/charmedsouluk (keep checking for regular offers and competitions!)

individual little bits and peices seem to come through with no customs charge. Larger items and higher value items do get caught at customs. I often order small lots of beads and findings and have yet to have them charged.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

YOur charge will be a max of the VAT ie 20% plus whatever the shipping company charges to clear the package through customs and collect the VAT from you - around a tenner usually
      but I think there is a minimum of £18 and below that no charge (I'm cahkier there because i've never done an under £18 package)
      If it's just beads and other components there should be no duty

Comment

Thank you!
        Bespoke handcrafted bracelets by Charmed Soul

www.charmedsoul.co.uk
        www.facebook.com/charmedsouluk (keep checking for regular offers and competitions!)

Comment

Under £15(business) or £13(personal) total value (excluding delivery/postage charges) there will be no fee, tax or duty payable.

Over that value all one can say is that it depends - on a large number of variables.You can find information here if you are importing as a business and here if you are importing by post for personal use. I have often emailed HMRC about importing different items and have always had prompt and helpful replies.

Comment

Working...
          X