planning my new year crafting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planning my new year crafting

It's that time of year again when I review what I am going to do for the next 12 months. I've got a few things to finish off including a patchwork cushion, and a cross stitch to finish, a baby cardigan, and then some Christmas presents for next year!! I will make a list again and see if there is anything on the list from 2012 that I did not do. Has everyone else got a busy 2013 of crafting?
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Well, I am a little bit loath to say this but, after 2 years of procrastination, collecting and tidying, reading and thinking, I am just about ready to actually do something!

I have a nest of stuff to do and it is all sat ready and waiting.

1. Free motion machine embroidery. 1st proper attempt, fabric all hooped up and ready to go.
    2. Bags refashioned from various things: pillowcases, jumpers, tops then on to deconstructing jackets, I love the material men's jackets are made from.
    3. More hat, mitten and scarflet sets - especially now i have a few more hat patterns and a selection of head sizes to work form.

I am hoping that I will be able to sort out specific me time to do nothing but make. I think that was my biggest error last year. It could always wait until half term... and then someone visited or I had other things to do!

Fingers crossed.
    Do not watch this space

Comment

Originally posted by StefC View Post
      Well, I am a little bit loath to say this but, after 2 years of procrastination, collecting and tidying, reading and thinking, I am just about ready to actually do something!
      I absolutely love this! But it's not procrastination, it's planning!! Really, really thorough planning!

Comment

That's why I love this place, Susan.

None of you find my, erm, planning ridiculous.

That and despite mybarely having made anything my avatar has the words 'Super Crafter' under it. I feel so clever every time I read it!

I have really enjoyed my 2 years here, but do feel I ought to put some of your good ideas into practice - and yes, maybe even photograph them. Then you can giggle

(2 years... I thought it was one! Where did the other one come from / go?)
        Do not watch this space

Comment

2 years is nothing. I may have to give you all a giggle with some of the random bad things I've made!
          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
          X