The letter "D"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The letter "D"

Ha, bet you thought this was something about phonics...but no. =)

For Christmas we gave our eldest (34) a starter kit for the Oriental art of name painting, which she had asked for. I just got a not-so-great photo via email of her first letter, "D," painted as bamboo and a panda! It's pretty good! She's on her way!!

She's planning to add this to her party biz, but also wants to have a name painting booth at a regular market...probably the same one we do every month. That would be fun!

We've only seen sidewalk name painters in LA, San Francisco, and NYC, so this is something that would be very different and would probably do lots of business!

Sounds Fantastic. Super fast learner too.
    James
    www.facebook.com/CraftyCath

Comment

Just got the letter "W" in my inbox...painted as a dragon. Very good first try. She says the dragon was quite tricky!

Comment

So where are the pictures for us to look at?

Linda

Comment

I was going to ask that.

Piccies, we need piccies.
          Do not watch this space

Comment

As soon as she sends me a good quality photo, I'll post it!! So far they've been a bit blurry, but good enough for mom... =)

Comment

She just emailed this -

"right now i'm struggling with paint consistency, and those little pandas are harder than they look!"

Here is her first ever attempt...it's hard to see the panda clinging to the yellow bamboo...

And here's the dragon "W" --

Last edited by removed10; 29-12-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

A bamboo "V" with a sunset...

Comment

Wow, what a talented family you are! Can't wait to see more pictures when she's sorted the paint consistency.

Linda

Comment

She's working on the letter "C" now - having trouble giving the letters a nice shape while making them out of other shapes...but it it will all come together soon enough, I feel certain! Then she'll have to get the hang of spacing all the letters of a name properly on the paper...

Comment

wow these look gorgeous very talented x

Comment

Thanks! I'll tell her!

Here's the last installment for today...

In the other post I showed a "V" with a funny looking sunset in the middle...heh...is mah face red er whut...it was an upside down "A." Silly me.....well it's HER fault...she sent me an upside down pic. =S

I love the panda!! I think she's doing really well, bless her heart!!

Comment

The panda is great. She is doing so well!
                          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Thanks! She has been focusing on bamboo and pandas...

Comment

Eventually, the various components of each letter will be painted out of different animals, etc.. For now she's just doing all bamboo letters. There are a lot of similar techniques in her face painting.

Comment

Working...
                              X