Rather late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rather late

A woman just emailed my husband - she wants a custom guitar right away...er...

My husband told her he actually does have a guitar in progress but it couldn't be finished today, so there would be no time to overnight it. She said she would drive here from Houston on Sunday to pick it up...whoa! They must really want it!!

So, out he goes, to his unheated shed in -1.6 degrees!!! Later today he also has to go pick up a used dryer for our eldest...so much to do.

That must make your husband feel great, that his guitars are so appreciated! Hope he doesn't freeze!
    "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

Nothing like last minute panics to get you warm eh?
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

He came in a minute ago and checked his email...sure enough, she wants to change the order to a six-string. He can't do that, it would be starting from scratch and it takes about 4 weeks, minimum. So he sent her a link to Paul McCartney playing a cigar box guitar on SNL. The woman emailed back and said to go ahead with the cig box one...so yay for Sir Paul!!

Comment

People who do not know how hard craft work is simply don't realise that changes cannot be made just like that! So glad she still wants to go ahead with the order...good old Paul!
          "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

What a day!! I wish all of you could have been with me and my grands this evening - - after meeting at a restaurant for my s-i-l's birthday celebration (mid afternoon) we all went our different ways to accomplish all sorts of things, and I, with the grands, decided to go shopping! We went several places in this great little shopping "village." It's just like a village - there are condominiums, and all sorts of restaurants and stores, and outdoor spaces for sitting and dining, and some terrific fountains. Santa was there, and beautiful Christmas lights. It was chilly, and lots of happy people everywhere, having so much fun! There were some carolers. The moon was very bright as the evening wore on. It was magical!

Comment

Sounds so much better than the persistent rain we've got here - we're keeping a very close eye on the level of the dyke running down the side of our house, and we're not even in any of the worst hit areas in the country!

Linda

Comment

It's dry here, but not for long. Apparently there's a storm force ten heading our way!

Comment

I know how frustrating that is, Susan. Just yesterday a lady stopped at my stall and asked if I could put some text onto one of the items for her right away. I had to explain that the enamels have to be fired on, so it wasn't something that could be done on the spot.
                  Daesul

http://www.clairemanwani.com
                  http://www.folksy.com/shops/clairemanwani
                  http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ClaireManwaniPottery

Comment

Originally posted by Eyebright View Post
                    It's dry here, but not for long. Apparently there's a storm force ten heading our way!
                    Be safe. Thinking of you.
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Thank you Carol. The storm blew the top off my shed chimney, the chimney cowel so I'm hoping it won't bother Santa when he's trying to shoot down it!!

Comment

All this dreadful weather makes me realise how fortunate we are living where we do. Also one can get quite blaize' about stuff if you never experience it first hand so a sharp reminder never hurts either.
                        Carol
                        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Whoa, Fiona - how terrible - glad you're okay!! Santa isn't hindered by things like this...

Comment

Seems people are taking late shopping to an extreme. Just had someone pop in to buy £150 worth of things then dived off to wrap them quickly. Not that I am complaining. Means we can afford to eat a Christmas dinner now LOL. Oh and I'm told a bottle of wine as well

Pete
                            "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                            Facebook

Website

Comment

Woooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Have you ever had baked brie en croute with fig preserves? If you can, y'all should make it...it's delish!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X