Good Morning on Wishing Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning on Wishing Wednesday

By now all the children are wishing their days away whilst waiting for Santa to call. I can remember how long the final week took before Christmas Eve. It took forever. And I am sure it hasn't changed over the last six or seven decades, some things never do change do they, which is a good thing. I think that some traditions hold us all together.
    I have a busy day today. My Aged Aunt is coming for her final shopping spree, which should be fun pushing her wheelchair around M & S etc., this close to Christmas. Thank goodness the market isn't on. I don't think I could cope with that too. Bless her she is 87 and still looking for a new man in her life.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Yes this week takes forever as a kid and goes too quickly as an adult trying to get everything finished and organised for the big day. Spent a small fortune last night placing an online grocery order to be delivered this afternoon as I didn't fancy battling my way round a supermarket this close to Christmas so have to try and magic up enough space in our fridge for it all.

I lead an exciting life don't I
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Oh and I hit the shops yesterday and did all our Christmas shopping in one fell swoop.
      Went to a school christmas concert last night. My two did me proud!

Today is sorting out the logistics of sending my son down to Birmingham for a workshop and some consultation lessons. It's looking like a complete nightmare. so much is reliant on other bits and until all the bits fall into place, I can't do anything at all to put it in concrete.
      Hotels, teachers trains, busses and coaches. ARRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Rhiannon is prepared to wait, while its not Christmas she is at nursery playing with her friends, and that is so much fun she doesn't think about the presents. Had yesterday off with her, because she'd had a "low" high temperature on the Monday. All she needs is some sleep. Have work Christmas meal today at a very unfestive thai restaurant. I missed out on free dinner yesterday. Never mind. I'm slowly feeling like I don't want to be festive at work, I'd rather just get all the jobs done that are all desperately in need of being done!
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

If all else fails Karen I live a £7.50 return train journey and have a spare room for free. It takes about 45 mins door to door
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
            If all else fails Karen I live a £7.50 return train journey and have a spare room for free. It takes about 45 mins door to door

Thanks Carol. It's just got even more complicated with the arrival of another email!
            full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Karen, I don't know how you do it!! Amazing....

We were up late talking and reading - I got my son the new Jim Butcher book yesterday when we went out together to do his Christmas shopping. He was SO HAPPY!!!!

This morning I'm the only one up so far...I plan to start work on the new tree chain in a few minutes. And make caramels.

He just got up - apparently read the entire book and went to bed at 6:00 this morning! He said it's good!
              Last edited by removed10; 19-12-2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X