It's Friday!!! Good morning!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Friday!!! Good morning!!!

Good morning folks on this lovely December day! It's a bit drizzly here, but it looks set to get worse before it gets better. I went bowling with work people last night. My team won We beat a bunch of sporty sports scientists which can only be a good thing! We got a cup for our efforts. There will probably be an attempt to keep hold of it next December.

I really need to finish knitting my daughters red sparkly cardi, as I found out last night that my friend has had her baby about 10 weeks earlier than expected. I thought I had until February to get the knitting done. I expect I still do have that kind of length as baby is obviously in special care at the moment and will be there over Christmas and I expect into the new year.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Good morning! It's very grey and dark here today but thankfully no rain at the moment. This weekend will we all about finishing up some gifts for friends, wrapping the children's Christmas presents and then on Saturday I'm off out to a Roaring Twenties themed dinner dance with a company that I do a dance class for. I don't get many nights out so I'm very much looking forward to it.
    Custom tribal belly dance costumes & accessories

Unique jewellery for those who love to turn heads

Comment

Good morning. It is rainy here today too. Glad you had a good time bowling last night. I was supposed to be going out for a dinner and dance christmas do with the staff at the school I used to work at tonight but I have decided not to go as I am worried that I will cause more damage to my back and I am hoping that I can get it better by christmas if I take it carefully. How is the baby doing? I used to be a nurse in a special care baby unit and something we always needed was little knitted hats to keep the babies warm if you wanted something quick and useful to make before christmas. Hope everyone is having a good day and that anyone who has events this weekend has a successful time.
      http://debbieclairegems.webplus.net
      http://www.facebook.com/DebbieClaireGems

Comment

Thanks for that suggestion. I'll look into a pattern for 1 and see if I can get it there this side of Christmas. Hats are fairly quick knits and i imagine will be even quicker at that small size!
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

If you google knitting patterns for hats prem babies you will get lots of free patterns come up. The first link I found even had a Santa hat pattern! I hope that helps.
          http://debbieclairegems.webplus.net
          http://www.facebook.com/DebbieClaireGems

Comment

indri, This might help.
            http://www.babydollhandknitdesigns.c...rsonal-Use.htm

I've got to take the car into the garage this morning to have an expensive brake job!
            I shall take some sewing to do while I wait. They have lovely comfy chairs and free latte and hot chocolate and even free WI Fi (I have no device to use though!)

Got to start doing the Christmas service as well, but I only have a topic, but very few ideas at the moment. I'm normally all organised by now.
            full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Thanks. I'll look into it! I'll try to start one at the weekend if I get some time!
              View my flickr

Comment

Good morning! The morning is getting away from us! We are trying to pack up for market tomorrow, but it drizzled a little. I also am trying to multi-task - not a good idea! Cooking and wrapping prezzies...oh dear.

Sounds like a wonderful evening out, Blackwillow!

Congrats, Indri, who gets to keep the cup first? Whenever my son's chess team won a tournament (when he was growing up) they took turns having the cup for a few weeks...but we never knew where it ended up permanently. And bless the little baby so much! Hope all is well!!

Gee, Karen, your garage sounds like a nice place to just hang out! Will they let you come work on hand crafts even if your car is fine??

Okay, off to the grocery store for a couple of things, and the post office to ship a guitar. Oh! I almost forgot, I need to get a small box at the grocery store for a love bird delivery tomorrow. Glad I remembered that!!

Comment

We are displaying the cup in our lab. It looks great amongst the gold tinsel! I'm hoping to finish wrapping presents next week. Later than I would like, but finding time when Rhiannon isn't around is a bit difficult.
                  View my flickr

Comment

Just checked up on the location of a party my daughter is going to tomorrow only to discover it's not where I thought it was. Thank goodness I checked it out!
                    Just worked out a very logistically complicated day tomorrow with the help of several other parents. Sometimes I need to split myself into three or more. Luckily it's all worked out.
                    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Glad it's worked out! I'm no good at cloning.
                      View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X