No announcement yet.

Can you be allergic to Christmas Trees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you be allergic to Christmas Trees?

I bought my Christmas tree today, I nice potted one that i'm going to plant in my M&D's garden after Christmas and i'm sure it's sponsored by Sudocreme because i've come out in the most festive red blotches! I'm now applying nappy rash creme so I look like been paint balling!...At what point should I seek medical advice?
    Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
    Dichroic Glass Tutorials
    Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

G.K You can get a really nasty reaction to th sap from fir tree's.

It should go away once you have stopped handling the tree.

Cheers Janice
    www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

I was going to say yes you can be allergic to them as i am

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

I think these days you can be allergic to almost anything.
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I have to be careful with Christmas Trees too they give me rashes. It's a reason why Ian says we aren't having a Christmas tree this year but the real reason is that he is a Scrooge!!!
          Anice xx
          Funkyhand x
          my website
          http://www.funkyhand.com
          my blog (updated 09/06/10)
          http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
          Follow me on Twitter
          http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

Oh no! How's the rash now?

I got our tree today and had a slight itchiness on my lower arms after decorating it. (I get it when cutting the conifers trees too.)
            But nothing a serious as you! I'm giggling at the thought of you applying nappy cream over your body How far did it spread?

(Bro thinks this is very funny! He is horrible )
            incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
            ___

Comment

At what point should I seek medical advice?
              If it is (or gets) painful, spreads rapidly, becomes inflamed or doesn't start to clear after 48 hours you should get medical assistance - GP, pharmacist or A&E.

In the meantime, if it is itchy and/or hot try a cool compress (cool water, cool salt water or cooled chamomile infusion - you can use a standard chamomile tea bag for this) might help to relieve things a bit.

HTH
              Linda

Comment

Artificial all the way for me!!

But then end up sneezing cos of the dust!!

Bloomin' Christmas eh?!

Comment

I'm allergic to vacuuming and our carpet is covered with needles from the tree (the biggest one they sold in Homebase) we bought yesterday.... I don't know what to do.....

p.s. it was quite lovely as it started snowing when we picked up the tree and continued to snow all the way home, it felt very festive
                  www.beadlab.com

Comment

The reaction seems to have died down now but getting a shower it agony because i've got loads of cuts from it...and i'm used to the cuts working with glass!...It is very festive though!
                    I wouldn't mind but I've still got to do the one at my M&D's which is 2 1/2 times the size!
                    Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
                    Dichroic Glass Tutorials
                    Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Hmmmm....

Originally posted by glasskanvas View Post
                      The reaction seems to have died down now but getting a shower it agony because i've got loads of cuts from it...and i'm used to the cuts working with glass!...It is very festive though!
                      I wouldn't mind but I've still got to do the one at my M&D's which is 2 1/2 times the size!

Gardening gloves and long sleeves for you then! I know the rash you mean..I get it too. I think it's a combination of sap and minute scratches from the needles. If you've got your hands constantly in and out of the foliage your skin will be suffering constant irritation. Kamilosan cream works...it'll be the Chamomile that Craftdancer suggested!

We've not got our tree yet, but I think we might fetch it today, as it's not raining for once. I wish we had snow....not likely all the way down here.

Jules
                      Apple Tree Crafts
                      www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Working...
                      X