Happy Thursday morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thursday morning!

Here at work in my lab it is Secret Santa day. I wonder what I will get. I did get my recipient something handcrafted (lucky girl!). So we will see what else appears in the box! Plenty of work to do in the meantime though. My 3 year old made us both wear santa hats on the nursery run today (on the bus). No one seemed to bat an eyelid, but then the bus was pretty empty and you can get away with a lot more daft things when you have a small child with you!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Well done you for injecting some seasonal spirit into these dark dank mornings.

I have a lot of tidying up to do today and then I have a crafting group to go to this afternoon. (I checked the dates this time!)
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

morning .. I love it when people remind those around that its christmas and we should do 'daft' things....I was always laughed at when I used to work about my christmas earrings........lol

We are off to the warfarin clinic this morning and then I shall drop Wyatt back home and go back out again to buy my christmas cards.........yaaaa

Pauline )
      Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Morning, freezing cold here again today. I've just written my To Do list for today as it's frighteningly long, some of it includes ordering the last of my Christmas presents but I've got myself into a muddle with what I've still got to get and what's been ordered and in the post so I must check my emails so I don't double up by mistake.

On my To Do list is also the fun job of cleaning the bathroom and hoovering (with my new hand held hoover yay!) as we have friends over this evening and I like to keep up the pretence that we live in a clean and tidy house
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Beads by design I was thinking about you this morning and wondered if you would remember your craft group today!! Everyone used to love my christmas earrings at the school I worked at until the summer and at the school christmas fair many of the teachers brought my christmas designs to wear. I have lots of jobs to do around the house but unfortunately I have really hurt my back and everything I have tried to do is agony today so sitting on sofa with heat pack on it hoping to get some relief from it at the moment. Luckily I have finished all my craft fairs now until the new year. Hope everyone is having a good day and all your christmas preparations are coming together.
          http://debbieclairegems.webplus.net
          http://www.facebook.com/DebbieClaireGems

Comment

I'm flustering around trying to find something to take to do at the craft group. I had cut out a stocking from some gorgeous fleece to make up for my nephew, but i finished making it earlier on.
            better go routing about for something.

Comment

Karen, do you have some wide ribbon - about 1.5 inches wide? Hopefully Christmas colors? Fold it over, lengthwise, and sew it together along the long open side, about a yard long...use a stitch that's a little longer than normal, but not a basting stitch. You can also stitch some white eyelet ruffle or lace edging in, too, if you have some...then run a piece of craft wire (I can't bend coat hanger wire very easily - it hurts me) that is about one foot long...you can bend it in a pleasing heart shape before or after running it through the length of ribbon. Then bunch the ribbon up along the wire. Tuck one end of the ribbon inside the other as best you can. Add a loop of green ribbon, or red, through one curve of the top of the heart and hang it on your tree!

If the ribbon is too tightly bunched, you can use longer wire or cut some ribbon off...

It makes a cute ornament!

Debbie, so sorry to hear about your back! That is misery, indeed. Hope it feels better soon!
              Last edited by removed10; 13-12-2012, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Back early. The heating packed up, so rather than crafting, we were shivering!!!
                Thanks for the idea Susan will have a go at that if I can find the ribbon stash!

Comment

Here's a pic -

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                    I'm flustering around trying to find something to take to do at the craft group.
                    better go routing about for something.
                    Here's another idea for you if you have some colored paper and a paper cutter - Moravian Stars!

I'm sitting here putting glittery thread through mine, to hang on our tree.

Comment

Today I found out that one of my friends had her baby yesterday - incredibly early - she wasn't going to start maternity leave until Jan 18th and baby was due in Feb!
                      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hope all is well!

Comment

She's in special care unit, and from what I know is doing ok at the moment.
                          View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X