No announcement yet.

Good morning folks on this cold monday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning folks on this cold monday.

Hello everyone. I hope you all had good weekends, mine was busy and I managed to wrap about half the Christmas presents last night. I have a busy week at work and the Christmas festivities start next week. I'm in the middle of knitting a cardigan. I may even get the bulk of it knitted this side of Christmas! Wow!!
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Good morning forom a nice sunny but very chilly east Yorkshire. Altready had a stunning rainbow out the back today.
    Had a busy weekend with concerts and birthday teas.
    Today I have some orders to ship and then need to update all my shops following a very good market in Saturday.
    I also have a huge bar of cadburry dairy milk to consume which I am sure I'll have no trouble doing!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Isn't it a glorious Monday morning

We've done our last event (apart from a small local one next Sunday to get rid of some surplus xmas stock), dropped off the web orders at the couriers and in a couple of hours time will be driving down the Wye Valley and through the Brecon Beacons for a 4 day family break in Pembrokeshire. With the local pub 50 yards away (a proper village pub with no TV, juke box, games etc but with open fires, proper home cooked food and conversations!) and the coast 400 yards in the other direction down a track to a couple of isolated coves we are looking forward to a few days break (or perhaps you can tell that!). My daughter has been away overseas for 3 years and is at home for 2 months before going to Costa Rica for 12 months in January so we are looking forward to spending some time together as a family.

Yep its a lovely day.

Hope yours is as good everybody.

David
      www.panachegifts.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Panach...60271863992797

Twitter @PanacheGifts

Comment

Gosh, 3 years is a long time. What's she doing out there?

Comment

She's a scuba diver instructor and she works at eco tourist hotels running dive centres. The last 3 years she has moved from Costa Rica to Thailand and then to Malaysia and Indonesia. She's going back to Costa Rica this time to finish her qualifications to teach dive intructors.

If you really want to see where she was last just google Minang Cove Resort which is on Tioman Island. If that doesn't make you a little envious on a cold winters morning nothing will.

Thanks for asking

David
          www.panachegifts.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Panach...60271863992797

Twitter @PanacheGifts

Comment

What a fantastic job!!

Comment

I want to look in that jungle to see what animals are hiding (much prefer that to the swimming!)
              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Beautiful crisp winter morning here and the sun is shining. Overslept so it may not have been so nice at 6.30 when I usually drag myself out of bed LOL We have a BT engineer trying to sort out why the landlady's phone next door haven't worked properly ever since we got broadband ???? as long as they don't disconnect us again.....as usual BT blame the electrician, electrician blames BT ad infinitum.

Must stop procrastinating and get on with a kitchen layout for a client, no work, no fee, then set the table out for tomorrow's all day Christmas Fair in Trowbridge new County Hall. Hoping for a captive audience with lots of people coming and going to the offices too.

Right post office then drawing board, have a good day everyone.

Mo.XX
                Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                www.bodrighy.co.uk
                https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Good morning!! It's quite chilly here!

David, your plans and your daughter's life all sound fab!! I've just been looking at photos of her last place...very nice indeed.

I'm about to bundle up to go out and pick up our neighbor's trash which is over here at our house...every blast from the northwest brings it over. Year after year. So annoying.

Comment

The poor postman this morning looked frozen to the bone when he called, he said it was a very cold wind and sleeting - brrrrrrr And the delivery driver later this morning said it kept alternating between sun, snow, sleet and rain. So apart from our trip to the post office we're not venturing outside again.

It's been so cold these last few days that we've abandoned the coat and/or blanket for our quick trip to the post office each day and Alex now wears his cuddly teddy snowsuit, it keeps him very cosy

Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Hi, for me this morning was too snowy (but better than Saturday). In Zagreb, Croatia, we haven't had so much snow since 1955.. Fortunately, the public transportation was functioning rather well as I didn't succeed to dig up my car under 0,5 m of snow.
                      http://nest2rest.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't ever think of Croatia getting snow! It was so hot there this summer that my brain can't think of a snow laden Croatia. No snow here yet. I can't see it arriving either we usually miss out.

Alex looks very toasty in his snowsuit luck little chap!
                        View my flickr

Comment

That pic of Alex is way too adorable!!

Well, I'm glad I'm not in Croatia...that is definitely a lot of snow!

This is what we call a lot of snow -

My granddaughter and me.

Comment

Not enough for a snowman then. I'm off out in a moment for my last needlework class this side of Christmas. I'll be starting back again sometime in January. Something to look forward to in the new year!
                            View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                            X