Good Monday morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Monday morning!

The first Monday in December has turned out to be a wet and rainy morning here. I suppose it does mean that the temperature is a little higher than it was at the weekend.

I realised yesterday that I've only got 2 more Monday night needlework classes left this side of Christmas (boo hoo) and it makes me a little bit sad because they are such good fun. I have all my materials ready for tonight. Felt and buttons mostly. What fun! I don't know what the rest of my class with make of "my" choices though. We will wait and see (I'll keep it as a surprise for you lot too!)

So today I'll be at work, and then getting most of the afternoon off to get my daughter to be vaccinated. Call her mad if you like, but she is really looking forward to it! I'm going to take her toy syringe with us so her Rabbit and Otter the Seal can also get their vaccinations! She loves medical stuff and science and arty things.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Bit like her mummy then!

Today is a trip to a local town so my eldest can do some jobs and while he's doing those, I shall so the swirly thing and go and visit all the many charity shops looking for treats like broken jewellery and recyclable things to use in my crafting.
    I think I shall have a John Rutter Christmas afternoon courtesy of Spotify.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

After a very broken nights sleep I'm very blurry eyed having been up since 6.45am.

To day I have to wash more panes of glass to go into the conservatory windows as well as finish a pair of crochet fingerless mittens and a load of glass painting, as well as finishing lining the foxy messager bag. This soggy, gray, cold monday is going to be busy as I have so many things to make for the craft fair on saturday.
      So many projects, so little time

http://folksy.com/shops/eileenscraftstudio

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fol...92535377497013

Comment

I'm back form my charity shop search (in the rain) with a pack of fabric offcuts a legnth of lace for my bonnet and some crocheted lace mats to use for my Victorian market stall.

Comment

Hi all! You all sound to have such exciting days planned. I always find a craft project lifts even the coldest day for me.

Sam

Comment

Yes it's much milder out there today, wrapped up little man to within an inch of his life for our trip to the post office and local shop and I honestly think it's warmer outside than in our freezing house! Aisles 6.45am sounds like bliss, I've been up since 4.30am with a teething baby although I'll admit to having a nap on the sofa when he had his morning nap

Some more online Christmas shopping for me followed by more stuff listed on ebay....and maybe another nap if I can squeeze it in (yawn).
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by samwitch View Post
              I always find a craft project lifts even the coldest day for me. Sam
              That is so very true for me, too!!

Back in the early 70s, I used to frequent a sandwich shop called The SamWitch Shoppe! They had a cute little witch for their logo. I absolutely LOVED their whole wheat date nut bread sam with cream cheese and strawberry jam. Wish I had one right now!!

Originally posted by aisles View Post
              as well as finish a pair of crochet fingerless mittens
              That reminds me - yesterday at market, one of the other vendors was wearing some therapeutic style (i.e., snug) fingerless gloves and had an extra pair with her, which she let me try for the day. They were great! Now I have something to put on a Christmas list!

Good luck with your fair this weekend, aisles!

Our daughter and her family came to visit again, yesterday at market, so the kids could pick out presents for their teachers. Walter picked out a beautiful orchid necklace (they are actually freeze-dried orchids) for his teacher, and Hazel had her best buddy, Dan, make a custom designed sun catcher for her teacher. (They're wire sculptures with Swarovski crystals.) She chose a hummingbird design, and Dan let her pick out the crystals.

Warmish, muggy morning here.

Comment

Well, my day has been fairly productive so far. A few last Christmas presents bought, my mums birthday presents wrapped, exciting chemicals made up into even more exciting solutions for the darling undergraduates and soon to be off to turn my daughter into a pincushion. I have no idea how many needles they are going to have to stick into her for these boosters, but vaccinating against 7 different diseases in one sitting seems a little extreme, even for boosters!
                View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hi All
                  So glad everyone is enjoying the rise in temperature, however, I think it must just be in the south because up here in the north west it's baltic and I have about 2 inches of snow in my back garden! Hope everyone is having a good day I'm away to turn up the central heating ...again

Comment

Vaccinnations over. Rhiannon gave the nurse one while we were there. Haha! No tears, I've been told that it didn't hurt.
                    View my flickr

Comment

what a fantastic little girl.
                      When I was nursing, we were always told about Elizabeth Kubler Ross study called information a prescription against pain and I believe that being incredibly honest etc and letting people know what is going to happen does stop the fear and pain.

Comment

She really likes a Cbeebies programme called "Get well soon" in which Dr Ranj and Nurse Morag explain to puppet children about different illnesses and problems (we've seen about chicken pox, head lice, diabetes, croup, colds, injections, constipation, urinary tract infections and hand foot and mouth disease) and how to make them better.
                        View my flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X