Show us your trees!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your trees!!!

December has started. Christmas is on it's way, why not show off your trees to everyone else on the forum? Do you follow a colour scheme or do you go more random? Do you change your colours each year? Real or artificial?

To start you all off here is my contribution to the trees of the forum:

The family tree is a 6ft slim artificial tree. We don't have oodles of space in our house and real trees often have a wide spread which is no help to us! I need the height for all the decorations I have (lots bought from my holidays).
    2012-12-02 16.20.05.jpg

My daughters tree. She's 3 and has a 3ft artifical tree. Basically it's probably over 10 years old and looks a little tatty (but not once it's covered with tinsel!)
    2012-12-02 16.20.33.jpg
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Our tree doesn't go up until Christmas Eve...once all the shopping, cleaning and general chaos is done, then its time for the tree and that signals the start of Christmas in our house...our tree carries the weight of years of decorations,many handmade, some patched to within an inch of their lives, but every one tells a story or has a memory attached and it is possibly the least colour co-ordinated or themed tree on the planet...but we love it.

Comment

Thats the best sort of tree! If u get a chance while its up u'll have to post a pic!
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Soon! Soon!! I'm beginning to be excited!!! Maybe we'll get the tree this week, rather than this weekend.

Comment

My family do not get into the xmas spirit at all, except for the eating and drinking side of it, so the tree was usually put up at the last minute by me just to make a bit of an effort. Last year, having chucked out my ancient artificial tree, I bought a new one. It is one of those white and silver spiral 'pop up' trees with the baubles already on it. You just put up the straight stand and hooK the top to it and there you are, instant xmas.!! This year I have also got some window stickers so hopefully it will be looking a bit more festive.

Melanie

Comment

This will be the third year that we have been away for Christmas, All my decorations are in the loft and I miss them. I have gathered them over the years, some from different countrys',some that I just loved. I don't have any flashy neon type decorations, but I do seem to have lots of Santa's, Anyway next year I have told Gordon "We are staying at home" Keep posting pictures of your trees as I love to see a nice tree (sad aint I)
            sally

Comment

Hope you have a nice time away Sally, and yes, you need to dig those decs out of the loft one year!
              View my flickr

Comment

I love this time of year and decorating the tree is always my domain. Great idea for a thread...just have to wait until I put mine up before I can post any pics.
                www.perfectposters.co.uk
                Your one-stop-shop for personalised posters of all kinds.

Comment

IMG_1453 by Carolee Crafts, on Flickr

Apologies about the poser, normally will not sit still

Comment

Worried about my puppy eating my tree hence it's not up yet eck!!!!

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Just got the tree! It's around the side of the house in a big tub of water.

It's in excellent shape, and the guy had just hosed it off, so it's not dusty. We'll take the red netting off in a minute and let the branches come down. We have to get it in the stand and in the house by the time the grandkids get here tomorrow afternoon. They will want to decorate as soon as they get here, so I'm going to buy a few inexpensive baubles. The treasured ornaments will be brought out in a week or so. I'm thinking about your idea, Indri, and might just get a small one for them to have as their very own, in another room.

We also got two red cyclamen and a poinsettia. Now I need to find those green and red baskets...

Comment

Ooh lovely real tree!! And lovely poinsettia. We have an ancient red cyclamen in our house. My dad bought it for us when we first moved in and it certainly thrives on my very random care!!! Flowers loads!!

You'll have to post a pic of the tree again once it's decorated
                        View my flickr

Comment

Here's mine, it's The Major Oak, Robin Hoods tree but please don't let on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oakdale Studios Facebook
                          Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
                          bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

OK, you've seen my tree............wanna see my nuts?

Here's the Lord Mayor of Nottingham handling one of them

Oakdale Studios Facebook
                            Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
                            bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

Originally posted by Oakdale Studios View Post
                              Here's mine, it's The Major Oak, Robin Hoods tree but please don't let on!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in Sherwood Forest on Friday and saw you decorating it Vik......
                              Wid

Comment

Working...
                              X