owwww, my poor feet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owwww, my poor feet!

Not been on that much this week, due to holding down the two jobs and trying to get over my throbbing feet and back!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Premier Inn's are slave drivers and expect too much I think!!!

I really don't mind the waitressing, or the clearing away the dishes - but its the setting up of the breakfast bar, plus putting it all away and setting all the tables for lunches (complete with glasses and candles) thats really the killer!

After 3 hours of non stop serving, I just want to come home and put my feet up - ha!! no such luck as thats when the heavy work starts (as well as picking up big industrial toasters, dropping down tables and dragging them all the way across the restuarant! The 4 hour shift is really a 5 hour shift, then I've had to come here to work, plus go home and cook a dinner!! I'ts been really getting to me and I have felt like I can't cope much longer with it.......lets face it, I'm no spring chicken here

Anyway, just wanted to let you know why I've not really posting much and to get a load of 'awwwwwwwww's from you about my poor feet and back

so all in all, my 20 hours has turned into 25 and I still have to fit in my 22 1/2 here, plus still put my housewife head on! and as for a day off........pish, whats that!!! I'm off on Saturday but I have a craft fair on that day!!

Sitting here at job number 2 with my shoes off........LOL!! think there is steam coming from them..... hee hee

Pauline
    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Pauline you poor thing (was that a big enough awwww?!!)
    Seriously though, you must be shattered, what is your other job?
    Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

Pauline I know how you feel, I work full time, craft full time (it feels like) I start work at 7am and finish at 2.30pm so I can get the kids from school. Then it is into making the candles, packaging all the rest of it and in between time I need to be a housewife and mum and get the housework done (to a fashion) and the kids homework done, teas etc. 24 hours just isn't enough. This week I have a craft fair tonight, Thursday and Friday but at least I have this weekend off.

Just take a stiff drink and you will forget all about the pain in your feet.

Hehe.

Lisa

Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

You have my sympathy!
        I hate cooking more than anything in the whole world.... even iron is a more preferable task! I get really p***ed off when we've been out and I have to come in and then start cooking. I have got around this now because I invested in a slow cooker from asda for £20. It's huge and I am able to shove tinned toatoes, carrots, leeks etc and chicken pieces or a slow cooker joint etc in first thing in the morning whilst I am still fresh to face the worlds tasks. I also rely on jacket potatoes slowly cooking away.
        It really does relieve me of a task I hate. chopping a few bits up in the morning is a small price to pay for coming home to a ready made tea. (and it's healthy!)
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

aww thanks girls and yes it seems we all lead a hectic busy life!! I just feel that the older I get, the more harder it seems I have to work.

I now have to get up at 4am to make sure I'm out the house by 6! My first job can finish anywhere from 11 to 12..........then its on to this one, which afternoons only now, I have to try and fit in my 22 1.2 hours....

With the waitress job, its been a case of every day now since Friday and its going to be 5 days a week, weekends included!!!

I'm not even counting the time I have to find to do my craft work (managed to finish a bride and groom toppers last night (phew)).....and there is no way I'm going to be ready for the craft fair I'm doing on Saturday.

I now at the restuarant on Thursday, but will have to come in here and work all day to build up my hours.....not off either job again till Saturday <craft fair, so still busy>........and then not off again either job till the following Sunday!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

It's a case of having to work because we need the money until Wyatt manages to find a job - and thats not being easy at all!! Bless him, he's sent out that many CV's and filled in application forms etc.........fingers crossed that something comes up soon..........before I collapse

Pauline
          Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Cant say anything that will make your feet or back feel better but sending you a Big hug through cyber space.

Cheers Janice.
            www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Working...
            X