Anyone been to Lanzarote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to Lanzarote?

We are thinking of a week away in January and quite fancy Lanzarote. Has anyone been?
    Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
    Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Went many many years ago and loved it - from what I remember it had a lovely warm breeze all the time so you never felt too hot. A friend went a few years ago with his girlf and (then) 5yr old and although they enjoyed it they were staying towards the south which apparently is mainly German tourists - the hotel was very geared up towards them and only spoke German he said.

If you do go you must do the trip where you visit an old volcano and they fry an egg on the ground to show how hot it is.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by littlesnuggler View Post
      We are thinking of a week away in January and quite fancy Lanzarote. Has anyone been?
      I haven't.

HTH
      It's never too late to gyrate!

Comment

Neither me.

But then again, I hardly go anywhere nice!!!

Comment

I love it!!

Have had a timeshare out there now for about 10 years, and when we first got it, Lanzarote had still not really got on the bandwagon reference tourist trade! (ex hubby and me never sold it, we just take it in turns to use it).

I love the weather and the easy pace of life over there - the roads are great to drive on and the food is good too!

Think it all depends where you go as well as some parts of the island are more windy than others.

We are in Matagorda, just outside of portel da carmel, which is very near the airport and on the east side of the island........but then again, once you have a car, you can travel all around the island in a couple of days!!

Wish I was there now, with a jug of shangria listening to the waves hitting the beach..........awwwwwwwwww.

Pauline
          Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Thanks Pauline, that's really helpful. Next thing is to get some passports - have you all seen the price????????? I can't believe how expensive passports are
            Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
            Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Working...
            X