Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRRRRRRR!!!! Help please?

Customers! Aren't they lovely?

Just received a letter from a lady saying that she had received some of our products as a Christmas gift and wanted to order more. She doesn't like ordering on the net, so scoured our site, listed all the products she wanted and has sent quite a large cheque for the goods.

Just one problem, she hasn't given me her address!!!!

All I have is her initial, surname a Norwich postmark - I have googled her, nothing, I have checked 192.com there are about 60 names that could match?

Any ideas please

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

How weird!

Could you put a note on your webpage..... she might go back and see it?

You could track down her bank branch from the cheque details and send them an open letter to forward to her... possibly!

Other than that you'd just have to wait for her to complain!

Good luck!
    Do not watch this space

Comment

I agree an open letter to her bank with an sae they will then forward to her.

Comment

Oh dear. It sounds like a no starter. A busy afternoon on the phone then????
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I had that once. I kept hold of the cheque for a couple of months in case she phoned back but I never heard from her (not even to complain that her order hadn't arrived ) and I ended up shredding it as there was no way I could find out where to send it to.
          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
            I agree an open letter to her bank with an sae they will then forward to her.
            Would they do that? I considered it but figured they'd refuse due to all sorts of data protection (and covering their own bum) regulations.
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I will try writing to the bank - I guess they can only refuse to forward it?

Who said it it impossible to be invisible on the net these days?

Jane
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
              FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

You need to contact the bank and ask if they would forward a 'Good Faith' letter to the customer. You can either give the details for the letter over the phone or send one to the branch address on the cheque and ask if they would send it to the customer on your behalf. They usually will. I used to deal with a lot of standing order payments and lost count of the number of times I had to do this either because the writing was illegible or the customer had filled in all the payment info but forgotten their own!

Good luck - I'm still trying to track down a customer from before Christmas but will keep trying...
                Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
                Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
                Follow me on Twitter:
                @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

This might sound weird but if you start phoning the 60 matching names you might hit on one who knows her. I did it once and got a cousin who put me straight onto the person I was looking for. I think it was the fifth try.

Comment

If the bank won't help why not consider contacting the people that bought over the next just before Christmas. I know it would be time consuming but if you can find out who selected goods as gifts you would narrow your search and with a little luck be able to get the woman in question. Possibly a last resort but might be worth a try if nothing else works. I am sure someone could help you!
                    Kat
                    http://with-u-in-mind.blogspot.com/
                    http://www.folksy.com/shops/WithUinMind
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/With-U-in-Mind

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                      Would they do that? I considered it but figured they'd refuse due to all sorts of data protection (and covering their own bum) regulations.
                      Most banks will do this if you send it so they can read it, this is to safeguard them and their customers. Happened to me once at a craft fair ordered an item and they lost my address Lloyds sent me a letter enclosing theirs so all sorted.

You are not asking them for the address just asking them to forward a letter to their customer so the data protection is not broken.

Comment

Oh dear! What a silly thing for the lady to do! Fingers crossed you fingure something out without it taking up too much of your time!
                        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

When contacting the bank I would send a copy of the cheque to show this is a genuine request rather than a potential sales ploy.

Roger
                          Removed content
                          Banned
                          Last edited by Removed content; 30-01-2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

I think the bank idea is a good one. If you could pop into the bank the person banks with, then if they say they won't pass the details on, at least they might return the cheque to them with a note that no details were provided to make the order? In my job alot of people leave off their information so their payments just linger, it's funny how people leave off vital information sometimes!
                            My Blog - http://three-cats-craft.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sounds like the only option is the bank as you sell in so many fairs you can't even look up the same surname in a similar area and contact them..

What's your bank manager like ? Mine would do what he could.. you prob need yours on side and one at the other branch.. If it's the same bank you'd have a good chance if not you it may be worth going to your local branch of her bank.. Search the sort code should return the banks address

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                              (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X